𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎.

————————🏷️

𝐀𝐒 𝐈 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐓 𝐌𝐘𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 𝐁𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 wrapped within xiao's warmth, i felt a light buzz from my pocket. i reached my hand in and pulled out my phone to see a text from my mother.

"y/n, your father wants you, i recommend you come home quickly."

i sighed at the message, as i pulled away from xiao's embrace. he tilted is head slightly as he looked at me, confused. "is everything alright?" his amber eyes shot down to the ground, a small tint of sadness laying in them due to the absence of my touch.

i nodded hurriedly, closing the gap between us and lifting his chin with my hand gently. "yes, of course! i just got a message from my mother." this time, i was the one who shot their gaze to the ground. "i'm sorry but i have to go back. thank you for this though, it made me feel a lot better."

i was about the drop my hand down, away from his face but before i could xiao put his hand on top of mine. i looked back up to see xiao's eyes piercing through me. at this point i noticed how close we were. my hand was cupping his cheek as his lay on top, i could feel his warm breath flutter over my lips slightly, and the gentle breeze blew his hair towards me causing it to brush against my forehead.

before i knew what happened, xiao edged to the side and closed the gap between us. the feeling of his lips against my cheek sent a rush of blush to my face. he stepped back after a few seconds, smiling at me gently. it took me a second to realise that xiao had kissed me. it was only on the cheek but still.

"i'll be at yours tomorrow with some supplies for that secret room." he shoved his hand in his pockets, turning around to leave. "see you later, sweetheart." with that, he slowly walked away, leaving me shocked in the empty parking lot.

another buzz from my phone shocked me back into reality.

"y/n please come back, your father is losing his patience.."

shit i should probably run.

as i was sprinting through the still empty streets my mind was racing about the short hangout i had with xiao. whilst my mind was racing my heart was pounding. i suddenly remembered the almond tofu that i had shoved into pocket and smiled. i'll definitely save that for tomorrow, since xiao is coming.

i reached the entrance to the mansion, slightly out of breath from sprinting the entire way. i brushed my hands down my clothes to smooth it any creases before cautiously opening the front door and stepping inside.

"ahh, there's my lovely little girl." the familiar voice of my father rang through my ears. we definitely had guests round, he would never say anything like that if we were alone. i looked up to see him and zhongli standing side by side. zhongli gave me a small smile, standing with his hands shoved in his pockets.

"it's good to see you again miss y/n. i assume your father has told you about the plans for today?"

i tilted my head, confused at what zhongli was talking about. i was about to ask when my father butted in. "i'm afraid i haven't actually told my daughter what's happening." he directed his stern gaze to me, ordering me to obey to what he was about to say. "y/n, i have decided that to get to know zhongli better you two should go out for lunch together." my eyes widened and i was about to protest, but my fathers gaze pierced through my own, making me shudder slightly. i had no choice other than to nod reluctantly.

don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong about zhongli and i don't mind being friends, i just don't want to marry him.

"good. go on now, be good y/n." with that, he pushed zhongli and me out the door together, slamming it behind us. i took a deep breath in, gathering all the courage possible and looked up at the tall man beside me.