𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐.

————————🏷️

𝐈 𝐀𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 to the warm rays of sun hitting my face. as i sat up in my bed, a wide smile crept upon my face at he thought of spending the day with xiao.

once me and zhongli had gotten back from our 'date' yesterday, i disappeared off to my room to draw a few sketches for the design of the secret room. first of all i needed a name for it. i couldn't keep calling it the 'secret room'. i decided that i would think of another name later with xiao.

i glanced at my phone to see the time and a text from xiao, causing the corner of my lips to tilt even more upwards than they already were.

xiao <3

i'll be at yours at 1pm :P

i then glanced at the time, 11:38. i forcefully dragged myself out of bed, placing my bare feet on the cold floor of the bedroom.

after a few minutes i had chosen an outfit to wear and was making my way downstairs. "y/n." the voice of my father rang through the walls of the mansion. i discreetly rolled my eyes and reluctantly turned around to face him. "tomorrow i had arranged for you to go shopping for a wedding dress." my heart dropped slightly, realising that this wedding was going to happen whether i wanted it to or not. "you will be accompanied by your mother and an assistant of zhongli." with that, he turned on his heels and walked away to conceal himself in his office.

i rolled my eyes again, fed up with my fathers attitude and walked into the dining room, taking a seat next to my mother. i gave her a warm smile, causing her to smirk slightly.

"someone happy today.." she teased, nudging my arm with her shoulder. my smile grew wider as i thought of xiao, which did not go unnoticed by my mother. "i just want to let you know i completely approve of your relationship." she sent me a small wink and stood up from her seat, whisking herself away.

i ate quickly and checked my phone. 12:03. i hugged the device closer to my chest as my heartbeat began to increase. i waited and waited for time to pass by until i felt my phone vibrate slightly.

xiao

i'm here
i'm too scared to knock on the door tho :0
ur dad is terrifying

i chuckled slightly before running towards the front door, looking behind me once more, then flinging it open to reveal the teal haired boy.

"what's with all the baggage?" i asked, noticing he had bought..a lot of stuff. he invited himself in, stepping closer to me to the point where i could feel the heat radiate off his body.

"we're decorating that room right? we can't decorate it without decorations." he smirked at me before shifting all of his bags onto one hand and grabbing my wrist gently with his now free hand. after closing the door behind us we hurried so as not to be seen.

slipping through the 'closed' sign we quietly made our way up the stairs to reveal the worden door that led to the sanctuary. huh, sanctuary..i like that.

i immediately turned to xiao full of curiosity. "so..what's in the bag?" he simply laughed again then proceeded to pull out some almond tofu, plant pots, seeds, tools and a few other things aswell. i clapped my hands together as i leaned forwards towards xiao's face, causing his cheeks to flush a deep shade of red.

"thank you so much for bringing these, xiao! and thank you for helping with this." xiao looked at me wide-eyed for a moment, before gently grasping my chin with his hand, bringing my face even closer than it originally was. now it was my turn for my cheeks to glow a deep shade of red.