Meeting Her

It was my first day at Berry High. I'm a bit nervous of course. Being the new kid has disadvantages. I've always been an introvert. But Dad had always told me I was born leader. My life had lots of conflicts. Anyway, I'm a freshman at high school now. New friends, or maybe new bullies to encounter. I'm just hoping for the best.

I was walking down the hallway carrying my books. I'm a half nerd, if you know what I mean. I get pretty nerdy when I encounter something interesting. I hope my homeroom teacher is nice like my middle school teachers.

*Bump*

"Ow!" I heard someone cry. I look up to see a black haired-girl collapse by the floor, and some papers scattered besidr her. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! Are you alright, miss?" I said with an apologetic look. I helped her up. "I-it's fine. Thanks for helping." She looks up at me and wonders for a bit. "Oh, you're the new kid aren't you?" she says. "Yes I am, I'm Caleb."

"Well Caleb, I'm Maria, it's nice meeting you but I gotta run. I'm the president after all."

The president?!? Oh my gosh! My cheeks flustered in a light pink color. I hope she doesn't notice.

"Oh, and before I go, mind asking you something?" she asked. "Oh um yes sure, go on."

"I'm collecting responses for the upcoming homecoming. What do you think, will you be able to come?" she asked.

"Oh, that requires a date, right? Well it depends if I find one. Do you already have a date?" I asked slyly.

"What? No, I haven't yet. If you're asking me to homecoming then maybe that's a bit too early." she replied.

"Oh, well I was just wondering, sorry." I said scratching my head.

"Ugh, that's fine, well I gotta go now." she said while starting to walk away.

Oh my gosh, I think she's my first crush.
Going to school will definitely be more exciting.