First Kiss

It was a Saturday. I'm pretty bored since I finished up all my homeworks yesterday. Dad's at work and I'm home alone.

That's when I heard a ding from my phone.

Notifications
Maria: Hey Caleb, watcha up to?

I gladly picked up my phone and quickly replied back. A few minutes later, I ended up agreeing coming over to her house. She was home alone too. Her dads are at work.

I short drive later I arrived at her house. Being the daughter of a detective, their house sure is impressive. I stepped on the porch and knocked at the door. Soon enough, I was greeted by a lovely face.

"Hey Caleb, glad you could make it." Maria says with a bright smile on her face. "Yeah, I was bored too, and I am looking forward to seeing you anyway." I said with a slight blush on my face. "Well that makes two of us, then. Come on in." she ushered me inside.

"What would you like to do? I thought of baking some cupcakes or cookies." she discussed. "Hmm, any activity is fine, as long I get to spend time with you." I said. "Oh you're such a dork. Very corny, too. You're lucky I like you." she replied.

"W-wait, you like me?" I asked marveled. "U-uh, I mean, isn't it obvious by now?" she asked flustered. "Well I am having hints, but I never wanted to jump into conclusions. It's too good of a thought that you'd like me." I replied back with a smile.

"Well now you know. Anyway, let's bake some cookies now! I bought special chocolate chips to go with it." she said. "Sounds sweet. I can't wait to taste them." "Alright now, no licking the batter." she warned. "Yes ma'am." I saluted. "Alright let's do this.

After mixing the solid and liquid ingredients plus getting a LOT of mess....

"Oh my gosh, we're so messy." She commented. "Don't worry, I'll help you clean up." I started cleaning the cupboards as she starts to clean the floor. The floor was so wet that I slipped....landing on her. Both of our faces are red as tomatoes.

"Uh..." was all Maria said.

"S-sorry!" I quickly apologized and helped her up.

She stared at me for a long time. I was expecting a lecture but then...

She smacked her lips to mine.

"Maria..."

"Caleb..."

Soon we ran out of breath and stared at each other blushing.

"Well, that happened." I said.

"It was better than I imagined. You were my first kiss."

"You were planning this?" I asked. "W-what no! I mean, I imagined it, I'd be lying if I said it haven't crossed my mind." She replied.

"To be honest, I was hoping as well." I said scratching my head. "It's a win-win then. I'm glad." Maria said.

After cleanung up, we popped the cookies into the oven. She was leaning into the counter. I was feeling brave enough to do it.

I hugged her from the back and kissed her neck. I can smell the perfume and shampoo she used.

"Caleb....what are you doing?" she asked sith a flustered voice. "Sorry. You're irresistable. Literally."

To my surprise, she faced me and kissed me again. More fervently, sweet, and passionate.

We kissed until we heard the timer rang.

"Oh, I guess it's time to try them now." She said. I helped her as we carefully remover the cookie tray out of the oven. I can smell the delicious and sweet aroma of chocolate flavoring around the kitchen.

Without saying anything..
She instantly fed the cookie to my mouth.
"Omph!"

"Is it good?" She asked. "Oh, definitely. You weren't kidding abou the chips." I said. "Here, you try." I shoved the remaining half of the cookie outside my mouth to hers.

"Nom!"

"Do you really want to feed it to me, or is it just and excuse to kiss me?" she asked playfully shoving my arm. "Can't it be both?" I said.

Our lips unite once more as time passes.