Spending Time Together

I was invited at Payton's party at her house. Of course, I accepted the invite. I immediately rummaged through my closet to impress a certain someone.

"Oh Caleb-bear! You ready for the party?" asked my Dad, peeping his face by my door. "Yep, do I look good?" I asked. "Aboslutely, are you trying to impress someone?" Dad asked me with a cheeky look. "Yeah actually, I do hope she likes it."

After that I grabbed my car keys and went to the party. After a short car ride...

"Hey Caleb! Welcome! I see you've dressed up. You clean up nicely." Payton greeted me by the door. "Thanks, um have you uh, seen Maria?" I asked slyly. "Ooooh, Maria huh?" she teased. "Well sorry Caleb, but she declined my invite. She said she has to be somewhere else." she replied. "Oh, I guess that's fine. I'll see you later then." I said as I wandered through the halls of her mansion.

I saw a few familiar faces, butI haven't really been enjoying. Soon enough I sneaked out to go somewhere I'm alone.

A short ride later, I arrived by the beach. I was walking by the shore when I saw a figure stitting by the sand. I immediately knew who it was.

"Maria? What are you doing here?" I asked sitting beside her. It was obvious enough to notice that she was crying. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Caleb...what are you doing here you aren't supposed to be here." she said. "What are you doing here? Payton told me you have to be somewhere else."

"Fine you caught me. Earlier today, Principal Isa told me tha I'm not deserving to be the school president. Then at home, Dad S and Dad J had a fight. The atmosphere got so hot that I heard things that I shouldn't hear." she explained.

"I'm sorry to hear that. So that's why I barely saw you at school. You can always talk to me you know?" I reassured her. She starts to cry small tears when I held her face and looked at her. "Maria. Look at me." She immediately looked at me, stared at me with her brown eyes. "You are strong. You are the bravest most industrious person I've ever met. You can deal with these types of problems. And whenever I can, I'll be there to back you up. You understand?" I said with a stern but loving look.

"What did I do to deserve you, Caleb?" I wiped her tears and tucked her hair behind her right ear. She leaned on to my shoulder. "Thank you for always being there for me, Caleb."

"Of course Maria, anytime."

If only I could tell you how I really feel.