Jealousy

Everyday's been a blast! It's fun. Homeroom's fun, eith my teacher Ms. Maddox and my classmates. Except for Brian of course. He's been a jerk to all of us. I just let him slip. He's not worth hating on anyway.

Every before homeroom. I'd catch up with Maria. I know where her locker is, and I pretty much help her with everything I can.

"I'm being obvious, amn't I?" I asked flustered. "A bit, yeah. But I like it. Thanks Caleb. I appreciate it so much." replied Maria. "Oh thank goodness. Well, I gotta go to class now. Bye Maria!"

Months pass by and we continue to hang out, but then one day...

I decided to be part of the basketball team. There was a fight between the team and the cheerleaders, all because of the issue with Principal Isa. I miss Principal Hughs. School's better off with her as our principal.

I went to the bleachers to take my mind off things, but then I saw Maria. I tried to approach her but then I saw who's behind her. She's hugging Michael. I was jealous. I'm not gonna lie. I approached them anyway.

"Hi guys..." I said with a tired look. "O-oh, Caleb! I didn't see you there. What's wrong?" Maria asked pushing Michael away from the hug. "I'm okay I guess, are.....you two dating?" I asked. Heck, why did I say that??

"What? No! No offense Michael, but you're not my type." Maria said, her eyes to me then to Michael's. "None taken, you're not my type either, Maria. I just like being friends." he said. "Same, and don't worry Caleb, I'm only interested in you." she says with a shy smile.

My spirits were lifted. OMG, she's interested in me! "R-really?" I said. "Really." said Maria. "Oh my Caleb, are you jealous?" Maria asked amused. "W-what? Well um, maybe?"

"Hm, knew it." Maria replied, with a coy smile. She suddenly kisses me on my cheeks. Of course. I was all red. "You're cute when you're blushing." Maria giggled. "Well um, I'll leave you two to it." Michael said walking away.