Chapter 5 "Run about":

"Do you remember me?" That is all I asked as he nodded, I took his hands in mine as we start to run through the stalls.

She took my hand in hers I want to reject it but it felt calming and I felt safe, I feeling I haven't felt it in a long time.

T

he both of them ran through stalls buying food and whatever nicknacks caught their interest. Well, most of what they were doing was led on by Penelope. Xiao did not question anything and followed her quietly accompanying her on her little adventure.

He didn't say anything he just followed her lead, she was the one who talked for Xiao and Xiao just admired Penelope. He was out for word as Penelope showed him a new light.

Penelope was only showing her affection as I sign off an old acquaintance. But for Xiao, it meant more than that she meant more than that. Penelope might not admit but meeting someone familiar with her made her feel at home again.

Nobody she knew before we were with her they all were mortals who have passed on, so seeing Xiao helped her a lot.

There's not a lot to say honestly, just two people finding comfort in each other. Why should I explain? Why should I write it out? When the simple explanation is two people enjoying each other's company.

I think for this love story the simplest answer would be the best one.

And so the day of the first festival came to an end as both of them sat on top of a rooftop watching the night sky. They both enjoy the silence between them as fireworks echoing behind them, Penelope stood up.

"Then..." She stood up "I'll take my leave," she said jumping off the roof and disappearing. The sudden realisation kicked in that I haven't asked her name, she knows my name of course because her mom definitely told her but I still don't know hers.

'Shit' I thought. I hope I get to see her next time. As I jumped down from the rooftop continuing my duty to patrol whilst the festival is held.