and i am the fire

Hiccup groaned at his now-stuck shield

Hiccup groaned at his now-stuck shield. He looked around, picking up the two fish he had thrown and continued furthur into the cove.

Y/n stared at the boy approaching from behind him. She furrowed her brows and stood up, making him flinch and slowly turned around.

The Night Fury growled catching his attention. Hiccup held out the fish warily as the largest out of the three crawled forward to take it.

He opened his mouth, revealing a set of gums in his mouth. Wait a second... Hiccup became confused, furrowing her brows as he stared at where the Night Fury's teeth was supposed to be.

"Toothless..?" Asked the boy, making Y/n grin. Her wing was draped down, the black limb covering some of the rock. Her wings were twice her size or so to be able to actually lift her weight into the sky. At least, they both could until she was shot down.

The Night Fury snapped out his sharp canines, snatching the fish from his left hand. He yelped, pulling back his hand. Now he was left with one fish. Y/n hopped down from her stone, allowing her wing and tail to drag behind her. She narrowed her eyes, reached out her hand and snatched it while startling him.

Hiccup staggered back a few steps, analyzing thier appearance. Y/n stared right back at him before tossing the fish to the ground. He blinked, surprised. Huh... Did she not like-?

Fwoosh! Hiccup raised his hands instinctively in the form of a flinch before opening his eyes. Y/n giggled, her palm still tinted red with purple edges from the plasma's heat. The ground was burnt, leaving a scorch mark. She waved around her hand to cool it off and picked up her cooked fish.

"Plasma..?" He mumbled.

Soon, he found himself sitting next to Toothless and Y/n. "So, uh... what's your name?" He asked awkwardly after swallowing that disgusting bite of... regurgitated fish. He cringed at the mere thought of trying that again.

"My.. name?" Asked Y/n, sort of half-surprising Hiccup. He.. didn't really expect her to understand him. Y/n frowned in thought. She tucked her silver and h/c hair behind her ear as she bit into her fish.

"I think.. it's Y/n." She said with a shrug. Hiccup grinned lopsidedly. Think? That's.. weird. Okay....

"Y/n? That's a nice name." He complimented before realizing what he had said. He fell silent, with red cheeks. Y/n hummed in agreement.

"Yours?" She asked out of the blue, startling him. "Mine? Uh- Mi- Mine what? My what?" He asked, correcting himself hastily.

"Name. Your name?" She asked curiously. Hiccup cleared his throat and scratched his neck awkwardly. It's been a while since someone's asked that nicely.

"My name's Hiccup." He answered. He looked towards Y/n's wing curiously, making her smile. She always did like showing them off. Er.. showing it off. She stood up, a healing scratch visible from where it was torn off. She stretched her wing, the jet black shimmering against the sunny day. She opened her tail fins as well, making Hiccup laugh a little. He looked to Toothless, who blinked incredulously before walking off.