i stand in a valley watching it

It was a very boring day

It was a very boring day. Y/n and Toothless slept together, Toothless using his wing as a blanket for the two of them. Y/n purred.

...

"Just promise me that if anything goes wrong... Protect Toothless and Y/n." He pleaded. Astrid nodded, grabbing his arm. "Fine. Just promise me nothing will go wrong." She demanded.

Hiccup hesitated long enough to where his name was called before he could answer. He looked back at Astrid and Astrid looked back at him with a sisterly look of worry.

....

Hiccup threw his axe to the ground, as well as his helmet. The crowd murmured in shock. "It's okay, it's okay." He said, trying to calm down the dragon.

The Monstrous Nightmare growled softly, its pupils widening. Stoick grumbled. "Stop the match." He demanded. Hiccup held out a hand defiantly.

"No! I need you to see this." He pleaded. Stoick stood up and slammed his axe against the railings of the cage.

"I said stop the match!" He demanded loudly. This triggered the Monstrous Nightmate, switching on offensive mode. Hiccup shouted in fear.

Astrid wedged an axe underneath the door, sliding underneath and helping Hicup. She shoved him and herself out of the way of one of its shots, tumbling on the ground. "Let's go!" Astrid called, running towards the exit. Hiccup hastily followed her before another shot blocked his way. Hiccup shouted in fear.

....

Y/n's and the Night Fury's ears perked up at the sound of screaming. They shared a look before running towards the exit. Y/n flew up, helping the struggling Toothless. The Night Fury got a good grip on the stones, pulling himself up. Y/n weaved through tree branches, leaping from one to the other. Her eyes were slitted into fine lines as she leapt from one place to another. Toothless followed close behind and got a little bit ahead.

Hiccup cowered underneath the Monstrous Nightmare's claws, hiding his face. A familiar high whine was heard. It rang through the air menacingly and multiple people demanded for others to duck.

A loud bang was heard, smoke filling the ring. A loud scream was heard- from a female, no doubt. People clambered at the gate.

Y/n was on the neck of the Nightmare and Toothless tackled it down. Y/n looked towards Hiccup and her pupils dialated into circles. She looked up and spotted a red headed man dash towards Hiccup, realizing this was the same guy that yelled at her before.

She growled and tackled the man, multiple people shouting his name. "Stoick!" "Chief Stoick!" "Chieftan!" They called with worry. Y/n raised her wing like a cat would curve its spine before raising her palm. Toothless was yanked off of the Monstrous Nightmare and they both were pinned down.

Y/n, however, had her palm up. It began to turn a bright orange-y red with purple edges from the heat.

"Y/n!" Called Hiccup as a plasma ball began to form.

"Y/n!!" He repeated, pleading for her not to kill his dad. She reeled back her arm, ready to kill Stoick.

"Y/N!!" Hiccup repeated through pants. Y/n looked up innocently, the heat in her palm dying off. She shrieked, being forced to the ground. Stoick held down her upper body and head. She looked at the stunned Hiccup.

"Hic.." She strained, out of breath. "Hicc..up." She grunted before a muzzle was shoved into her face. She shrieked, being pulled by her wing. Her eyes began to water from the sudden pain as she grimaced.

Y/n stared at Hiccup with fear as she was restrained tightly and shoved into a cage along with Toothless. "They're real." Whispered Gobber in shock.

Even the superstitious man was unsure whether or not Hybrids like her existed. Y/n's eyes were wide in paralyzing anxiety, her eyes slitted into thin ovals. Hiccup was forced away by Stoick.

...

"Nest? Di-Did I say nest?"

Sputtered Hiccup through the conversation with his father. "Where did you-? How did you find it?" Demanded Stoick. Hiccup sputtered out nonsense quickly, nervous in front of his father.

Finally, Hiccup began to answer in the midst of his anxious rambling, "I didn't find it, only Y/n and dragons can..-" He trailed off, noticing the thoughtful and contemplating look in his dad's eyes.

"No... no, no, dad-! Yo-You can't be serious! This is- This isn't like anything you've ever seen, I promise!!" Swore Hiccup desperately. "You can't win this one, dad! Please! This one is way different than anything I've ever- We've ever seen-!" He cried, pulling at his dad's sleeve. "Dad, will you please, just this once, listen to me!?" He cried before being thrown to the ground of thier house.

Stoick glared mercilessly at Hiccup from above. His hands were curled into tight fists of rage as anger. No doubt that's what was coursing through his veins right now. "I don't have a son. Not anymore." He scowled before leaving. Hiccup's sage green eyes glazed over with tears.

....

Y/n yelped for probably the fiftieth time today. "Ow! Stop it! It hurts!" She cried in simplified english. She was still learning. Her talking had earned more than a few surprised looks from the villagers. Some continued, unbothered, while others hesitated but continued anyway.

Y/n frowned as she was chained to the boat- a different one than Toothless's. She looked at her friend with worry. "Toothless.." Was the last word she was able to say before a muzzle was placed on her head. She was now rendered unable to speak.

Berk Secrets

-Y/n trusts Hiccup.

-Toothless trusts Hiccup.

-Hiccup has a very, very stupid plan.

-And everyone agreed.