and i am a witness watching it

"No one just gets as good as you are

"No one just gets as good as you are. Especially you." Scowled Astrid before she heard a growl. She gasped, pushing Hiccup back.

"Shh." She demanded. "Ahaha, you caught me! I've been making outfits!" He tried to excuse himself, placing her hand on his chest. Astrid merely grabbed his arm, twisted it, and threw him to the ground.

Suddenly, Toothless appeared, leaping over the log wearing his saddle. In the next moment, Astrid raised her axe to slice his chest, but was tackled to the ground. Y/n pinned her down, ears up in hostility.

Astrid shrieked, shoving her off. "Wait, wait, wait!" Called Hiccup, calming them down. "You're scaring them! Astrid, this is Tothless and Y/n. Y/n and Toothless, this is Astrid." Hiccup tried to reason. Astrid scoffed, dropping her axe.

"I scared them!?" She cried, finally seeing a Night Fury and a Hybrid up close. And holy crap they're terrifying. With thier sharp teeth, slitted eyes, threatening claws.. she stared at them for a minute before running away.

"Dadada, we're dead." Sighed Hiccup after mimicking some fanfare. Y/n stared after her as Toothless got up on his hind legs and began to walk off.

"Hey, where do you think you're going?" Asked Hiccup incredulously.

"Uh, cove?" She asked with a nervous smile. Hiccup raised a brow. Y/n sighed and huffed. "Fine.." She pouted before flying off while Hiccup persuaded Toothless.

...

Hahh... Haff.... Astrid panted as she leapt over a log. Suddenly, she was lifted into the air by a pair of human arms. She shrieked, kicking her legs and grabbing onto Y/n for dear life. Y/n huffed, placing her on a tree and sitting down. She scrunched up he nose, the tree bending over at her and Astrid's weight. Toothless landed on another tree, the said plant bending over from his and Hiccup's weight as well.

"Hiccup!"

She cried. "Get. Me. Down from here!" She demanded, hanging on for dear life. Literally. "No, please, just listen!" Said Hiccup, desperate to keep his friends safe.

Astrid scowled. "I am not listening to anything you have to say!" She snapped. Hiccup moved his hand in surrender. "Okay, okay! Just... let me show you." He pleaded. Y/n spread her wings a little bit for balance. Astrid scoffed, rejecting his hand. Toothless growled as she climbed on. Y/n shot him a glance before they both spread thier wings.

"Toothless, Y/n, down. Slowly. He emphasized. Y/n huffed before they both took off at amazing speeds. "AAAAAAH-" Astrid screamed in fear, hanging onto the back of the saddle in terror. "Toothless, Y/n, what are you doing!? We need her to like us!!" Hiccup cried before apologizing to Astrid.

"I'm sorr- They're not usually like this!" Y/n opened her palm, tucking in her prosthetic and good wing. Toothless did the same before they skydived.

"Thank you for nothing, you useless reptiles." Said Hicup sarcastically as they began to spin. Astrid clung onto Hiccup. "And, now the spinning." He grumbled before Toothless began to dive in the water while Y/n just flew alongside him. Her speed allowed a wake to form behind her.

As they began to build altitude and skydive again, Astrid began to scream cohesive words.

"I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY FOR WHATEVER I DID, PLEASE, JUST GET ME DOWN!" She wailed. Y/n and Toothless glanced at each other before Y/n tightened her fist and she opened her wings. Toothless followed, the four flying along peacefully in the sunset tinted clouds.

Astrid was left breathless as they glided along. She raised a hand, touching the soft water of the clouds. "Okay, I admit it. This is amazing." She complimented.

"They're amazing." Y/n smiled and sent a thumbs up. Astrid frowned a little and leaned forward. "But Hiccup, you know tomorrow you have to kill-" She cut herself off, looking to Toothless and Y/n before dropping her voice to a barely audible whisper. "You're going to have to kill a dragon." She reminded. Hiccup exhaled sharply.

"I-I know.. just give me some time, I'll.. figure it out." He reassured.

Suddenly, Y/n's and Toothless's ears perked up. They began to growl and change directions. Astrid's eyes widened at the sudden change of atmosphere.

"What's.. happening?" She asked. Y/n cast her a glance before answering. "Haul." She said, diving down into the rocky seas and snatching up two fish. She tossed one to Toothless, who caught it in his paws before continuing to fly.

"She's right... they're hauling in thier kill." Hiccup confirmed. "So...," Began Astrid nervously. "What does that make us..?" She asked with worry before they flew into the nest. Toothless and Y/n flew over the Queen's nest, dropping thier fish and landing behind a rock pillar.

Y/n stared down with slitted eyes, Toothless as well. A lazy gronkle had decided to regurgitated a fish, and Hiccup knew how terrible those were. The humans waited in fear of what would happen before the largest dragon they've ever seen rose from the red depths of the cave, eating the Gronkle alive. Y/n stared at this in silence, her eyes glossing over with unshed tears.

"We need to go." Said Hiccup. Thier human scents met the other dragons' noses, causing an uproar. "Now!" Emphasized Hiccup. Y/n shot out of there with Toothless, just barely making it out of the Queen's jaws.

....

"No, it all makes sense now! It's like a-a giant beehive! They work for the queen! We need to tell your father!" Rambled Astrid. Before she could run off and spread the word, Hiccup grabbed her wrist. Y/n looked down to the side, her wings pressing against her back nervously. Astrid looked to Toothless, who was also nervous.

Astrid scoffed with shock. "Are- Are you serious? You're going to keep this a secret? The nest that Vikings have been searching for since the beginning of forever and you're going to hide it," She gestured to Y/n and Toothless, "To protect your pet and Hybrid?" She asked, almost as If Y/n wasn't part human. She scowled a little at this before turning around with Toothless's snout against her hand.

"Yes." Answered Hiccup. Astrid inhaled. "..Okay." She accepted with hesitation.

...

Berk Secrets

-Y/n didn't hear Astrid.

-Y/n knows multiple hunters. Including (a) future one(s).

-Before Y/n met Toothless, she was captured. Before she could be auctioned, she escaped.

-Y/n cannot speak to dragons, but she can feel was they feel. Sort of like a gut feeling of what they're going to do or what they're thinking better than humans.

-Y/n is a tad slower than Toothless. She's working on it.

 She's working on it