She sits next to you on a plane

You loved traveling more than anything in this world and you couldn't be happier that it was a big part of your job. Of course, it had its disadvantages, you couldn't really get into relationships, you were always away from your friends and family but somehow, for you, it was all worth it. You experienced a lot of new, exciting things, you got to know amazing people, different cultures, languages. 

"Good afternoon! This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 89B to New York. We are now inviting those passengers with small children, and any passengers requiring special assistance, to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes, thank you" you heard one of the flight attendants through the speakers. 

You started collecting your stuff and packing them back into your bag. Now, you only had your phone, boarding pass and passport in your hand. You loved traveling yes, but at that moment, you just couldn't wait to sit on the plane that flies you back to New York, to your hometown. 

And fortunately, you hadn't have to wait long. Twenty minutes later you were sitting on the plane, reading your favorite book. Reading was another passion of yours, you loved to get lost between the lines, you loved the stories you've read, you loved to believe in them. 

So there you were, sitting by the window, reading. Next to you was an empty seat. You actually hoped it will stay that way, so you can have your bag there, right next to you. But no. You felt someone's presence next to yours, and saw a woman's silhouette. 

"Hey!" she greeted you with so much joy in her voice.

"Hi" you said, not bothering to look at her, you just kept reading.

She sat down next to you and checked the time on her phone, you saw it from the corner of your eyes. You took a quick glance at her. She looked beautiful. She had long, blonde hair with bangs, her features were all unique, she had a good style, you could tell, even tho, she was wearing only a grey hoodie with a grey sweatpants and with white shoes. 

Suddenly, she glanced back at you, probably feeling your eyes on her.  You turned away and back to your book as fast as you could, feeling your whole face heating up. The girl next to you chuckled slightly and turned to look at you, she didn't even try to hide it. 

"Is it weird that I've always liked nurse Ratched more than McMurphy?" she asked.

"I don't think I'm following..." you looked in her eyes, for longer this time. She had ocean blue orbs, you had to admit, they were gorgeous. She was gorgeous. 

"Your book. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" she smiled, still not breaking the eye contact. 

"Wait, you like Nurse Ratched more than McMurphy? No. Can you please sit somewhere else? It's giving psychopath vibes" you joked, clearly shocked at the girls statement. 

"For your luck, I'm stuck with you for the next 4 hours" she sticked her tongue out at you and continued. "It's not giving psychopath vibes, it's giving common sense vibes. Think about it. She does her job perfectly, everyone's satisfied with it. Ratched has complete control over every aspect of the ward, of course it bothers her when McMurphy takes over the place and the patients starts to look up to him, instead of her. Plus, if McMurphy stays calm throughout the first few months, he could've leave the sanatorium easily."

"Oh my god, you're missing the whole point" you sighed and giggled.

"And that would be..?"

"That would be the role of McMurphy. Yes, you're right, he could've stayed calm and do literally nothing, but he started liking the other patients in the ward and wanted them to have a normal life, or, at least have the taste of a normal life. So that's why he fights against the system and against nurse Ratched, because she's shaming the patients into submission, she knows their weak spots and exactly where to peck. They airing their dirtiest, darkest secrets, and then feel deeply ashamed for how she made them act, even though they have done nothing. So, McMurphy plays the same game as nurse Ratched, he picks up on her weak spots."

"But he shouldn't do that. We both knew from the very beginning that he's unable to win against nurse Ratched, right? Because the nurse represents the oppressive mechanization, dehumanization, and emasculation of modern society. So, just like fighting against these as a citizen, fighting against nurse Ratched as a so called mentally disabled is impossible."

"But at least he tried. Just like you with this conversation, even tho you knew from the very beginning that it will only piss me off" you stated with confidence. The girl next to you started laughing and you couldn't help, you also cracked a smile. 

"Well, I bet it was the strangest, yet greatest way someone tried to flirt with you" she smirked. 

"Was that flirting? I thought you wanted an empty seat next to you for your bag or something" and now it was your turn to smirk at blondie. 

"I feel attacked. I'm Taylor, by the way" she grinned and held out her hand for you.

"I'm Y/N, nice to meet you."

"Hello ladies, can I get you something to drink?" a flight attendant stepped next to you. 

"I'll have an espresso without sugar and with some milk. Taylor's having a glass of water, you know, she likes to stick to the norms."

"I see what you're doing and I find it pretty hilarious. I can't believe you wasted my free drink" Taylor smiled at you while she waited for the hostess to hand her the water you ordered for her.

"You get what you deserve" you chuckled and took a sip of your coffee.

"So espresso with no sugar and milk, huh?"

"Yes."

"Gotta remember that, I might could use that information later."

"What do you mean?"

"You're so innocent, I like that" she let out a little laugh. "I'll trust it on your fantasy" she winked and you started blushing. Hard.

And the next 3 hours was full of blushing from your side. Taylor really was a charmer but she paid attention to not overstep a line or cross any boundaries. You liked her attitude and persona a lot, so after getting off the plane, you agreed to have dinner with her. 

Taylor only wanted to have a nice night, a little fling but little did she know that you're gonna be the one for her. The one she can make espresso without sugar and some milk to, for the rest of her life. 

A/N: I'm taking requests, Loves, so if you have any, feel free to message me or leave a comment here. I also started a Sydney Sweeney imagines book, so check it out if you would like! :)