Grace (requested)

A/N: I'm trying to write your requests as soon as I can, Besties! Please be patient, I promise they're coming :) 

'I don't know how long I can do this, Tay. I'm so tired and barely have the energy to keep going. Fighting against Grace seems impossible' you sighed as a single tear rolled down on your right cheek.

It was a regular Saturday of yours. You were at the oncology with Taylor, waiting for your chemotherapy to be over for the day. It didn't take long, only a couple of hours but the side effects were the worst.

You were weak, you didn't have the energy to do anything rather than sleeping. You were nauseous and got sick quite a lot. You lost a lot of weight and you also got a cute hair cut.

You loved your hair long, really long but you were getting familiar with your new, shorter style. Taylor liked it a lot, she said the middle-length hair looks better on you.

You knew the middle-length going to be short soon, and short going to turn into a wig. You weren't worried about it because of yourself. You were worried it because of Taylor. What if she won't find you attractive after your hair loss? What if she gets bored of you being unable to do anything and find someone else? Someone...healthy.

But it was just overthinking. Taylor loved you more than anything in this world. She was by your side from the very beginning. She assured you every single day, every single hour that you are beautiful, strong and she was extremely proud of you.

'You can do it, my love. It's not impossible to battle Grace. Not for you, okay?' she kissed your forehead.

Grace. That's how you called it. You were dating Taylor almost a year when you were diagnosed with breast cancer.

You were scared. Extremely scared. You've imagined your whole life with Tay. Getting married, having kids and growing old together. After your results, you stopped planning. Take it one day at a time, you kept telling yourself.

You were beyond grateful for your girlfriend. She was the most amazing, supportive partner and you couldn't ask for anything or anyone better. She was by your side every single day. She was driving you to the hospital to your treatments, she waited for your results with you. She got up in the middle of the night when you were feeling extremely overwhelmed, she held you close and calmed you down when you needed to cry your heart out.

Deep down, she was afraid of losing you. She has never told you, though. She needed to be strong. For you. She wanted to scream, shout, cry but she knew she had to keep it together. And she did. 

'Five more and you can finally ring that bell, right there' Taylor pointed at the bell on the hospital's white wall and smiled at you.

'I just want it to be over' you cried.

'I know baby, I know. It will be, soon, I promise. And I'll be here with you. I'm very proud of you, you know that, right?'

You nodded. You felt like if you need to say one more word, you would burst out in tears.

You were lucky, Grace was small and it was diagnosed in an early stage, but living with her for 3 years was a lot to take. Thankfully, you could see the end. Five more chemotherapies and it's over. It's gonna be over and you're gonna be cancer free.

'I just can't wait to live my life without Grace' you smiled a little at your girlfriend. 'There's a lot of things I want to do.'

'What would you like to do?' Taylor carefully laid down next to you on your hospital bed.

'I wanna marry you' you said without thinking. 'That's the very first thing I wanna do after I ring that bell. Marry you.'

'Let's get married then! Here's the thing, I wanted it to be a little more romantic but I don't think I'll find a better moment to ask you the big question' Taylor got up and reached for her purse. She got out a black velvet box and turned to face you.

'I've never done anything like this before, so if it's gonna be lame, I'm so sorry. I just want you to know that I'll be by your side, no matter what. I love you, I love you so much. The past four years was my favorite four years in my life and I can't wait to spend the rest of it with you. You are amazing, Y/N. You're the bravest, strongest girl I've ever known and I couldn't be more proud of you. I know I keep telling you this a lot but I mean it, I mean every single word' she paused, taking a big breath. 'You're so beautiful inside and out and I wanna be that one girl who reminds you of this every single day. So, would you make me the happiest woman on Earth and will you marry me?' she opened the box and revealed a gorgeous ring. Tears were streaming down your face at this point.

'You're so perfect Taylor. What did I do to deserve you?! I wouldn't be here today if you were not be by my side. You've encouraged me to keep going and I wanted to fight not just for myself, my life, but for you, my love. You were the main reason I kept on fighting with Grace. I can't tell you how grateful I am to you and that you were here all along. I love you so, so much. Of course I'll marry you' you giggled and pulled Taylor in a gentle, yet passionate kiss.

You didn't know what the future holds for you but with her by your side, you knew everything is going to be alright. She proved you oh so many times that she's the one who deserves all your love and attention and you were willing to give them to her.