40- The Hatred In His Eyes

"James?"
I let go of Tin-Can's reins. My brother. My brother. I thought I wouldn't see him again. He's alive. James is alive.
I can't believe it.
But why is he with the Dark Riders...? What did they do to him..?

I can't speak. I just stare at him in shock. I thought he was dead. I really did. I just assumed he killed himself and never left a note.
But there he is.
I never thought I would see the day that he would be riding a horse.
But there he is, on Mayor Peanut.
Well.
I guess he isn't the mayor of Fort Pinta anymore.

I look over at the other Soul Riders. They all have mostly the same expression as I do.
Linda doesn't look at him. She stares down solemnly. It's so silent that I could hear her whisper, "I should have told them."
What does that mean?

Lisa shakes her head and pets Starshine nervously. "Hi, James," She says softly. As if she's seen him since November. Like he didn't go missing for 5 months only to show up with the Dark Riders.
I can feel my rage building.

Sabine dismounts Khaan. "Are we just going to sit around in shock, or are we going to end this?"
I don't dismount Tin-Can. My pendant begins to burn.

Before I can aim or process my anger, lightning seems to build and shoot right from my chest. Sparks fly all around me, and Tin-Can strengthens my strikes.
They all hit Sabine.
"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY BROTHER?!"