5

BAZ

Simon should hire me as his personal stylist.

We are in one of Selfridge's fitting rooms trying on some suits for Fiona's wedding. I've selected a handful of options for Snow, and if I may say so, I've outdone myself. Each suit he puts on is better than the last. So far, Simon has tried a navy blue suit with a lavender shirt and a blue tie. (Fits him well but it was the safe option.) A burgundy three–piece suit with a light blue shirt and a navy blue tie (he looks stunning in it and he knows it.) A mustard total look. (Simon thinks it's too out there for him. I disagree, he looks like a star.) A standard grey tweed three–piece with a pink shirt and burgundy tie. (Perfect fit, perfect tones, but Snow thinks he looks old in it. I rolled my eyes when he said it. Simon laughed and I laughed with him.) And finally, the clear winner: a beautiful sage green suit, paired with a matching shirt and a bottle green tie. It looks like it was made for him. Simon's hair stands out more than usual and his eyes look even bluer.

"This is the one." I say softly.

"I'd have to agree." Simon replies smiling.

His wings are out and the contrast between the green and red is perfect. I know Simon will have to hide them at the ceremony but I like a glove-ed the clothes so he could be as comfortable as possible. ( Or as much as one can possibly be in a small cubicle.) I want him to see –to feel– what he really looks like. And the result is breathtaking.

Simon is looking at his reflection and stroking the lapels with his fingertips.

"I think you should pick a green suit too." Snow says with a shy smile. Is he blushing? I can't tell if he's being serious or not.

"And be that kind of couple?"

Simon shrugs.

I look at my options. There is a darkish green three-piece suit I really like. It actually matches Simon's tie. I hesitate for a moment but end up trying it on. I combine it with a green sage shirt. (Same colour as Simon's suit.) And a maroon tie, similar to Simon's wings.

I stand next to Snow and look at us in the mirror. Simon grabs me by the waist and I laugh. I must admit we look perfect.

"I guess we are that kind of couple."

* * *

We are the first ones at the Old Marylebone Town Hall. It's a Tuesday so everything is pretty quiet around here. It seems there are not more weddings planned for today.

I've never been to a Normal wedding before, although according to Fiona this isn't even a full version of it. They can only have two witnesses in the room with them. And that's all. No musicians, no photographers, no other guests. This is as intimate as it gets. I guess it's perfect for what Fiona and Nico wanted.

I won't tell them but I actually find it charming that they want to get married for themselves. They don't need to show the world they are husband and wife. (I mean they really can't do it in the World of Mages even if they wanted to. That would mean Fiona's downfall.) Still, they want this moment to be for them and them only and I admire that.

A cab pulls up right in front of the building and Fiona and Nicodemos step out. She is wearing a burgundy knee length dress with her leather jacket on top and, of course, her Dr. Martens. Nico has picked a dark grey suit for himself. White shirt and burgundy tie. He's looked worse.

"Great snakes, boy. I thought you were the Mage for a split second. Perhaps green isn't your colour." Nico says to Simon dramatically when the couple reaches us.

Simon and I look at each other awkwardly. I can see slight panic in Simon's eyes, I shake my head telling him not to worry. There's no way Nicodemus has made that connection. I mean, he's not wrong now that I think about it. He does resemble the Mage and the choice of colour doesn't help. But I doubt he's thinking about their parentage right now.