eight

Archie and the doctor were having a walk through the streets of 2021 London. The young boy giggled as he was seated apon the doctor's shoulders, who chuckled and pointed out specific locations to the child's amusement.

The doctor stopped his trek as he arrived at Baker street.

"This is where Sherlock Holmes lives...and Dr Watson of course. Can't forget Watson! Amazing character he was" the doctor rambled on, heading over to 221 and pointing up at the windows.

"Sherlock would pace around the living room in his mind palace, whilst Watson sat in his chair and observed. You would be able to see them here aswell! I do wish they were real people... That would have been fantastic! Meeting the real Holmes and Watson...how would that sound, archie?"

Archie nodded and stared up at the windows, imagining the tall slender detective staring back out of the window, locking eye contact.

"Come on Archie! There's a Sherlock Holmes museum somewhere~" the doctor laughed and lowered Archie onto his feet, letting him have freewill with where he walked.

"Stay close now, don't want to lose you" the doctor ordered, nodding. Archie nodded back and hummed to himself rather loudly as they both strutted down the street. Suddenly, the doctor stopped and swivelled round.

"Sandwich shop?"

"Yeaaaaaaah"

"Great!"

The two stepped into the small shop that sat underneath 221b and ordered themselves sandwiches, going to sit at one of the two person tables.

"So!! Archie, are you having fun?!" The doctor asked, enthusiasm radiating from his voice. Archie nodded with a grin and wriggled in his seat, expressing his satisfaction which the doctor laughed to. The pair chat and shared what they found most exciting that day, usual chit chat until the sandwiches arrived.

The aliens enjoyed their meal, and headed off down Baker street.

"Where do you want to go next?" The doctor asked, crouching down in front of his smaller friend. Archie hummed for a moment thinking before raising his arms, then shaking the doctor.

"Scotland yard!" Archie shouted happily. The doctor smiled, and took Archie's hand.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Now, after a long day in London, the doctor and Archie headed back to the tardis, Archie making noises that tuned in with the modern Sherlock theme song. He had overheard it on someone's laptop and it got stuck in his head.

The doctor unlocked the blue box and let Archie in first, then trailed inside after him and started to fiddle with the controls, tapping his foot.

"Doctor?"

"Yeah?"

"Can we go meet the real sherlock?"

The doctor sighed, and picked up Archie.

"Listen...i wish we could, he's fantastic, but sadly he's only a story." Archie pouted and wriggled from the doctor's grip, waddling away into one of the hallways.

"Mmmfmfmm..." The doctor frowned and hopped down under the main quarters. He opened a hatch and started digging through it.

Whilst the doctor busied himself, Archie was reading under his bed. The specific book was 'the complete short stories of Sherlock Holmes', a book Archie obsessed over and has read many times before, if you count the doctor reading it to him.

"Silly..." Archie muttered, shutting the book and dropping it next to him. Whilst he sulked, footsteps were heard outside of his bedroom door. He rolled out from under the bed and opened his bedroom door to see the doctor wearing a fake mustache and a bowler hat, complete with a black suit and a cane.

"Hello, Sherlock" Archie gasped and jumped up and down. Whilst excitedly squeeling, the doctor pulled a deerstalker from behind and placed it on Archie's head, who squealed even louder and hugged the doctor.