Chapter 3 [Recruit]

Dazai was being as cautious as possible since he didn't want you to notice him.

Dazai

What are they doing?! Why didn't they at least give me a damn phone call?!

Dazai tripped on a twig as he was nervous about the situation and was overcomplicating everything. When your head jerked in the direction he was going, he knew things weren't going to go well.

He didn't even notice you move, and yet you were already there, clutching him by the neck. His throat was scorching like hell, and he was gasping for air. His hands were securely on your wrists, and your hands were directly on his neck.

When he used his ability, the menacing expression on your face faded. All of your muscles gave out as your eyes rolled all the way back. You leaned forward before collapsing on top of Dazai.

He shoved you off of him out of rage and frustration.

Dazai

"Y/N, what the hell?! I trusted you!"

lol imagine talking to an unconscious body

...i'm so sorry you have to deal with me

Dazai felt like pinning you to the ground and pummeling your face a million times at that point.

Thankfully, both Kunikida and Atsushi had arrived in time to hold him down from doing such a horrific deed. Dazai squirmed about wildly, attempting to get free from their grip.

They'd never seen Dazai act like this before, and it was an uncommon occurrence. He was weeping uncontrollably and struggling terribly.

He pleaded with Atsushi and Kunikida to release him, he needed to strike you.

Kunikida was able to knock him out, and Dazai ceased creating havoc. Despite the fact that they were ignorant of what had passed between you and Dazai, they brought you both back to headquarters.

Dazai was calmer when he awoke, and he described the situation of the now-broken trust between the two of you. You'd awoke shocked, not long after Dazai had awoken.

Fukuzawa

"I apologize Y/N, but you can... No longer be part of the Armed Detective Agency."

You

"What?!... What did I do?!"

Everyone was crowded around you; it was roughly 2:00 a.m., and 3:00 a.m. was not far away. Nobody had yet gone to their beds. When you looked around, you saw grief and disappointment on everyone's faces.

You'd observed that Tanizaki and Yosano were holding all of your belongings, which had been piled into large crates.

You

"I don't understand!"

Dazai

"You broke a promise, a very important one as well."

You

"... Huh?..."

Dazai had never been this furious with you before, which was unusual for you.