Chapter 6 [Paralyzed]

You sank to your knees to bow down to his level the second you got close to him. You could adequately view his body now that it was lighter owing to the moonlight and the enemy had been slain.

You

"Are you hurt?"

Chuuya

"Wh... How did you get out from the-"

You

"I blew up the walls- Now, are you hurt?"

You said it again, but this time in a considerably louder tone.

Chuuya

"No..."

You did another cursory inspection of his body and discovered... nothing. You sighed a breath of relief and rose from your knees.

You

"Good. Now please, the boss is worried. Let's get out of here before that sniper comes back."

Chuuya

"..."

Chuuya struggled to stand after being so heavily pummeled. You had already begun walking away and were unaware of this.

You

"Hey, now that I think of it, why didn't you just use your ability?-"

You turned around to ask him the question correctly, only to see him fall over as soon as he stood up.

You

"Hey!"

You slid and caught him before his exhausted, unexpectedly fragile body touched the ground.

Chuuya

"Get your hands off me."

With a rasp and a snarl in his voice, he murmured. He couldn't speak coherently since he'd just had the shit squeezed out of his throat.

You

"Chuuya, I simply cannot do such a thing. My job is to assist you in anything that you perform. Now please, show me what you're hiding under your coat."

Chuuya's eyes widened slightly as he knew he didn't want you to know.

Chuuya

"... There's nothing under my-"

You

"Chuuya."

Chuuya took a long breath in.

Chuuya

"There isn't anything there, okay?! As I've said before, I don't need you or your help!"

He shoved your hands away from him, attempting to get up again.

You

"Goddammit Chuuya, you're really fucking pissing me off right now! I'll say it again, and I will say it once more if you keep on throwing those same words at me, I am not going to reject the orders that I was given! Honestly, I would just leave you here to die with whatever injury you've got, but I was ordered to keep you safe!..."