daryl

"what's this daryl?"

the archer had just returned from a rather fruitful run, and dropped a bag of something on the table in front of you.

you looked at him with questioning eyes, and the archer only returned your gaze with a slight upturn of his lips. he was daring you to open the bag, to look inside.

on the outside, daryl looked calmer than he had been before he left, but on the inside, he was freaking out. what if you didn't like it? what if he got the wrong ones?

opening the bag, you peered in to see a large pile of CDs. at the bottom, a bit larger than the CDs was a black box. you emptied the bag onto the table, revealing albums from various bands including queen, nirvana and bon jovi. you couldn't believe it, a CD player at the bottom too. when you had ranted to him a few months ago about how much you missed your own CD player and all your music, you never expected him to remember any of it.

but little did you know, every run daryl had been on since that night, he'd searched and searched for what you desired.

"oh daryl..." tears were brimming in your eyes, you were in utter shock.

"thank you!" you jumped into his arms, catching the poor man off guard and ending up pushing him over. the two of you landed on the floor, you on top of daryl. he was laughing now, a rare sound, but a welcome one nonetheless.

"fuck, you trying kill me or sum'?" he groaned half heartedly. you were still clutching your arms around his neck, face buried in his chest. daryl returned your hug finally, savouring the feeling of you.