rick

"i swear i'm fine!"

famous last words said by you, as you tried to prove yourself healthy to your boyfriend. unluckily for you, caught at the last hurdle and catching yourself out with a gracious sneeze.

rick laughed, and led you to lay down on the couch. he laid a blanket over your body, and plumped your pillows before retreating into the kitchen.

"what are you doing?" you asked, poking your head over the top of the couch and your eyes settling on the sheriff almost immediately.

"i'm making you some tea, you're sick y/n."

you huffed, and flopped back down on to the couch, suddenly feeling very warm. you itched to pull the blanket off you, but a minute or so after you did you found yourself to be cold. you felt like you were sweating, but also freezing cold.

trapped in your own mind, you hadn't even noticed rick returning to you with a mug of tea. it was only when he pressed his hand to your forehead and sighed, did you notice he was back.

"you have a fever, drink this." he said, removing his hand and putting the mug in yours.

"rick, I know you wanted to go on that run today, you go, i'll be fine!"

rick sighed and shook his head, before looking up at you with soft eyes.

"let me take care of you, please."