maggie

you heard she was struggling, people said it was written all over her face. leading hilltop, recently having hershel jr, and putting up with rick. maggie was unhappy with his decision to keep negan alive, everyone knew that. She wanted to kill him, for what he did to her husband.

you had only returned about a week ago, but you had heard about it all. you couldn't believe you missed the whole thing, after being on a week-turned-month long run with some other alexandrians.

you had missed maggie, so much. not only was she your best friend, but you were so deeply in love with her.

now, you watched through a crack in the door as she was looking through some paperwork, tapping her fingers against the desk absentmindedly. you hadn't seen her for weeks, and unknowingly to you she had been anticipating your arrival. when you finally knocked, a soft 'come in' from the accent you loved so much prompted you to enter. maggie was blissfully unaware of your feelings for her, just thinking that you were the best friend she's ever had.

you admired her for a second, her hair up in a messy bun with a bandana framing her face, when her beautiful but tired eyes met yours. a smile immediately took over your faces, and you almost slipped on the wood floor trying to get to her. the two of you embraced, and stayed like that for atleast a few minutes.

that hug felt right, so right.

"y/n!" she sounded happy to see you, despite the tiredness lacing her voice. you pulled back to smile at her, and she smiled back as you tucked a strand of loose hair behind her ear.

"i missed you." she said, bringing you back down for a hug.

"i missed you too honey, how are you doing?"

"uh.. 'm hangin' on." she looked away from you, and turned around to start pacing across the room.

"i'm sorry, if you ever want to talk you know i'm here for you, right?"

she turned and smiled at you, and you returned it with a pitiful one.