carol

"hey! how did your date go?" you greeted carol, as she stepped through the kitchen doorway and made her way to the sink. she got a glass from the cupboard, filled it and downed it in a minute.

"uh..carol?"

"it went badly." the woman finally spoke, breathless. she looked almost panicked, like she had seen a ghost or something.

you gave her a concerned look, and walked over to join her by the sink. you wrapped your arm around her shoulder and let her head lean on yours. being a similar height had its perks, you thought.

"i'm sorry hun, wanna talk about it?"

you felt her shake her head against yours, and you remained there in silence for what felt like an eternity before carol gathered the courage to speak up.

"it didnt go well, because i kept on mentioning you. he didnt like that." she sighed, holding her hand over yours.

"y/n, i've had some feelings for you for a while now, and all these dates i've been going on, none of them compare to you."

you were speechless, and carol took this opportunity to continue.

"i'm sorry if you don't feel the same, but i just wanted you to know that..."

you removed your arm from over her shoulder, and moved in front of the gray haired woman. she reluctantly met your eyes, looking like a hurt puppy.

she was expecting rejection, but all she saw in your eyes was love as you cupped her cheeks and leaned in.

the kiss was short, but still managaed to leave you breathless. she left you breathless.

"i feel the same."