1

"You'll be fine, honey"Mum said as I looked at myself in the mirror.

It was quite obvious that I was really nervous.And besides,I didn't know when mum sneaked up on me.

"Mum,you didn't knock before coming in"I said with a smile as I turned to look at her.

"Your door was left open,so I just walked in"She said and I rolled my eyes and then sighed."Is something wrong?"She asked and I walked towards her.

"I'm nervous... I'm scared of my new school... I'm afraid that I'll be all alone,who knows what's gonna happen... what if the people there don't like me?What if they look down on me?How am I-"

"Lisa... listen to me, you're gonna be just fine...you only have to believe in yourself and be the good girl you always have to be, okay?"She said and I nodded in response."Good,now hurry up or you'll be late on your first day in high school"She added and I nodded again with a smile on my face.

"Thanks,mum"

"Don't mention it"She replied and left my room.

I sighed and grabbed my bag.I took a deep breath before leaving my room and rushing downstairs to meet my mum.

"Okay... you ready?"She asked.

"Yeah...and you don't need to drop me off"I said and smiled.She slightly pinched my cheeks."My baby's all grown up...just be careful,okay?"

"I will"I said feeling a bit annoyed."And besides, I'm not a kid"

"You're so cute"She said pinching my cheek again.

"I gotta go"I smiled forcefully.

"Sorry,miss snappy"She teased and I shook my head.I hugged her tightly and let go after a few seconds.I waved her goodbye and left the house.

                                ***
I found myself standing in front of a huge and tall building in a few minutes.The sight was marvellous
I smiled to myself and my smile faded away when I saw the students walking around in their beautiful uniforms.I really admired them but I was too nervous to know what to do or even think about.I slowly walked inside the building hoping that I didn't miss my way when someone tapped my shoulder.I looked up and saw a tall and brown haired girl.We were of the same height and stature.

"Hi"She finally said

"Hey"I replied.

"You're new here, right?"She asked.

"Yeah"

"Me too...my name's Kenzie, what's your name?"She asked.

"Lisa"I replied with a smile.

"Do you want me to take you to your class?"She asked.

"Sure... that's very kind of you"I replied.

"Kind is my middle name"She laughed."Come on"She said and grabbed my hand.

                                 ***
The bell was rung and everyone except me rushed out of the class.Kenzie's class was just beside mine.Iwas about to stand up when I heard Kenzie call my name.I smiled and we walked out of the class together.

"Did you enjoy the lessons?"She asked.

"I did"I replied.

"Let me show you the library and the cafeteria...the two places you need to be aware of during your stay here"

"You seem to know everything about this school"

"My brother, Freddie goes to this school...so I'm kinda like used to this school"She explained and I nodded slowly.