5

"Honey,I just got a text from Catherine...she needs you to babysit her 17 year old son while she's away...she said you should be at her house at 4:50 in the afternoon"

"First mum,I don't even know who Catherine is....second, I don't know where her house is...and third,I have somewhere to go this evening... sorry to say, mum but just tell this Catherine woman to find her son another babysitter"

"Don't talk about my friend like that... she's our neighbor,Lisa...and besides, we should treat her with respect...so you're going over to her house which is next to ours and you're going to babysit her 17 year old son,Ryan,okay?"

"What!"I exclaimed.

"You heard me"She said with a frown on her face.

Oh My God.

Ryan?

Babysitting?

I'm babysitting Ryan?

And I'm missing my date with Kyle?

Wait, it's not date...just an hang out.

Noooo!

Why do you have to spoil my day everytime,Ryan?

***
4:52pm

Just two minutes late.

I reluctantly knocked on the door as I reached Ryan's magnificent looking house.

To be sincere...his house was obviously huge and beautiful.

The door was opened by a young looking woman...she looked a bit younger than mum...she was probably four or three years younger than mum.

But she was obviously beautiful.

"Hi Lisa... you're Gwen's daughter, right?"

"Yeah, that's me"I said nervously."Please come in"She said and I entered the house.

Everywhere felt so cold and cool.

"Have a seat,please"She said and I sat on her comfy white couch.

"Okay, I'm assuming you know my son,Ryan"She said.

"Yeah... he's in my... chemistry, biology and physics class"

It's not like he even attends classes.

"Okay,good...I guess this has been made easier... um...I'll be leaving today and I won't be back in two months time...well,an important project........first thing first...Ryan...well,he could be really handy, fustrating, annoying and cunning at times...and sometimes,he could be calm to the point that he won't even answer any of your comments or questions...well he mostly behaves like that when he's so depressed...and that's why I don't like him getting sad and all depressed...also,he could act so childish at times,but just ignore him, he's just trying to tell you that he's bored...and the worst part...he drinks and smokes a lot...I tried to make him stop but he wouldn't listen,it only keeps getting worse,some years ago,I caught him taking pot...I don't know if he's gonna listen to you...and please don't tell him I told you all these...I know you think all of this irrelevant and-"

"No...ma'am?"

"Just call me Catherine... I'm fine with that"

"Right...I don't think it's irrelevant... besides, I'll try my best to keep Ryan safe... I'll make sure he's not depressed... I'll also try to talk him out about the drinking and smoking of a thing... besides,you need to get going,you don't wanna miss your flight"I said and she smiled.

"I knew I could count on you..um,one more thing, Ryan's allergic to desserts... just in case,his allergy pills are on the counter... feel free to do anything and please, don't let him take desserts...he had that habit of eating pizza behind my back......and I just need to say goodbye to Ryan before leaving"She said and called his name out loud and that's when I began to freak out.