1

"Oh you've got to be joking me." I say, my jaw dropping to the floor as he looks at me with a bright smile and brighter eyes, laughing loudly as we got scolded by the lady next to us trying to study.
"What? It's a great idea, amazing in fact." Harry said to me, trying to convince me but I stayed in my place.
"No. No way" I said, trying to fight the smile creeping on my face. He pointed his finger at me cheekily, "You're totally in, we have to do it now."

A little backstory, Harry's my best friend, always has always will be. The only downside.. he constantly involves me in shit i have no business in. Nothing too crazy, but when Harry puts his mind to something, there's no stopping him.

Which brings us to where we are now...

"You're telling me you want to ask Cheryl to prom? AND you want my help? I don't see how I can help; she's basically already dropping her panties when you walk into a room." Okay, listen I'm not one to bring down girls when they wanna get with someone, I'm all for fucking someone just for fun. But something bothered me about Cheryl.
She's never necessarily done anything to me but i can tell when someone's vibes are off. She's so beautiful and kind, but i know something's lingering in that brain of hers.

Plus, I hate cheesy shit, and promposals make me gag. But Harry didn't need to know that.

"Oh come on, you're basically obligated to help me. I can't go to prom alone it'll be so boring."

I would've gone with him, but I already had a date, leaving him on his own. So I did feel a little bad.

"Agh, okay fine. What's you're plan?"

Harry and I spent three hours in our high school library picking and prodding at Harry's 'perfect' plan to ask Cheryl out. After we finished everything up, Harry offered to drive me home since I hadn't gotten my license yet, i was never the biggest fan of driving, so Harry having his own license and car turned out pretty well for me.
The car was silent except for the silent hum of the car driving in the gravel road, it was already dark outside, the street lamps illuminating the street.

I looked over at Harry, seeing him smile to himself in thought.

"What's going on in that head of yours?" I ask, poking his temple with my pointer finger

"What's going on in that head of yours?" I ask, poking his temple with my pointer finger. "Just excited about tomorrow"

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention? He's asking her tomorrow.

I didn't care too much about Cheryl, we never really talked. I guess a smile in the halls here and there but I didn't know anything about her. How am I supposed to know if she's good for Harry, i don't want him getting hurt.

"Right."

Harry dropped me off outside of my house, my parents were on another one of their getaways leaving me alone. I stayed in the car for a bit, not wanting to back in the empty house.

"Parents gone again?" He asked, a certain tone in his voice i only hear when he's genuine. I didn't like sharing my personal life too much him, i mean i do, but not a lot. It's just not something I enjoy.
"No, just out to dinner." I say, grabbing my backpack, and going to reach for the door handle before I feel his hand gently grab my arm.

His brows were raised, his lips moved to the side as he looked at me. "Come on Ronnie, i know when you're lying. How long are they gonna be gone?" I sat back in the chair, looking forward to avoid his gaze.
"Don't know, they left a note on the fridge again. Will probably be back by this weekend."

That was a lie.

Harry sighed, not saying anything and putting the car in drive. I raised a brow at him "What are you doing?"

"You're staying at my place. At least till they're back."

He didn't seem like he was giving me a suggestion, so I didn't argue. Plus I loved his mom, she was basically like my own.

So, guess I'm staying there for now.