5

Harry's point of view

I told Ronnie about a party I wanted to go to today, her going on and on about how i shouldn't go to one on a school night.

"You are such a nerd" i threw back, popping a strawberry into my mouth as she continued talking. "I'm being serious, plus what is this new you? You never go to parties." She said, seeming suspicious of my suggestion.

"Cheryl invited me" I saw Ronnie's shoulders drop slightly, but didn't pay much to it. She thought for a moment, "Well, if you're so caught up on going.. can I come with you?" I raised a brow, "You want to go to a party? Am I hearing this right or have I gone crazy?"

"Yes actually, I'm gonna keep an eye on you, mister." She said, squinting her eyes at me as she pointed a finger. She got up, walking upstairs, looking back at me. "When is it?"

"Three Hours" i said, slightly surprised.

-

I didn't spend much time getting ready, throwing on a black hoodie with some gray sweats, white nikes on my feet as I waited on the couch for Ronnie to come down. I glanced at the watch on my wrist, slightly annoyed at how long R was taking. "Come on, Veronica! We gotta pick up Cheryl on the..way.."

My voice faded out as Ronnie walked downstairs in what seemed to be slow motion, her hourglass figure I hadn't seen before moving with her body smoothly. Her dress was- it looked good.

She smiled softly with a glint in her eyes, glitter accentuating her collar bones as she bent down to pick up her heels

She smiled softly with a glint in her eyes, glitter accentuating her collar bones as she bent down to pick up her heels. "I'm ready, let's pick her up." She said, grabbing the keys from my hand.

"I'm driving." She shouted as she walked out the door. I hopped in the passenger seat as we drove off, looking at Ronnie as she leaned back against the seat. She rarely drove, not just because she didn't like it, but she didn't have her license. But when she did drive she drove well, she was a good one.

I spoke out directions to Cheryl's as she followed them quickly without hesitation.

"You look good Ronnie, making me feel underdressed." I joked, my chest feeling hot as she glanced at me with a smirk. "Don't overthink you, you look good, Hare."

I cleared my throat, texting Cheryl that we were here, seeing her walk out her door.

She went to open the passenger door before i rolled down the window, "Ronnie's driving, mind hopping in the back for me love?"

She rolled her eyes before hopping in the back, she was wearing a black tank top and jeans, she looked good.

As we drove towards the party the car was filled with weird tension. It made the car ride seem like hours. "So Cheryl.." Ronnie started, making my heart beat a bit faster, i didn't want anything to start right now. Cheryl hummed a responded, and as I looked in the mirror to glance at her I saw her staring at her phone, bored.

"Sorry for my outburst this morning, you know how it is, lady's days." Ronnie joked dryly and Cheryl faked a small chuckle. "You're more than welcome to stay over again, as long as you're not too loud." I don't know what exactly Ronnie was playing on here but I didn't wanna know where it was going.

"Cool, thanks."

The car accelerated quickly as Ronnie pressed on the gas peddle and i saw a 40 MPH sign pass us. I gently put my hand on Veronica's arm, "Slow down a bit" I said as nicely as I could, and she shot me a look. "Got it. You can let go." She said, and i sensed Cheryl's look on us as i removed my hand, sending Ronnie a cautious look. But as soon as she slowed down she pressed down on the pedal again, and i saw Cheryl put her phone down, looking at me with slightly wide eyes.

"Ronnie..." I said warningly, "Slow down."

"I got it, Harry."

She said, making sharp turns, switching lanes to cut off other people as they honked their horns. "I'm serious, Ron. Slow the fuck down." I said, getting a bit nervous.

She ignored me, turning up the radio volume, Friends by Chase Atlantic playing as she rolled down the windows.

I held onto the seat, looking back at Cheryl who seemed just as nervous as me. But Ronnie seemed like she was having the time of her life, her hair flowing with the wind as she smiled, looking at the road as she drove, going faster and faster.

The streets were barely lit, the sun had gone down a bit ago, making me more and more anxious to get out of the car.

Ronnie started to sing along with the song, putting up her leg left against the seat, her dress riding up a bit as she glanced at me, a smile sneaking on her face as her hooded eyes looked at me.

"What's wrong Harry, nervous?"