Chapter 5: the date; part 2

Kiyotaka POV:

I held the door open for my friend as we walked in the restaurant.

"Thank you Kiyo-kun," Miko smiled at me softly "you are such a gentleman."

A gentleman? I liked the sound of that. I haven't been called it before, rather acting on what I know is right than what I felt is right. 

I nodded, leading us to the bar where we could just sit down and order. Perhaps we could go with a booth. Or maybe-

"Oh I know, we should sit at the bar!" Miko said excitedly, eyes shining "I loved going to shops like this with my mother when I was younger!"

I felt her hand pull me in excitement, relaxing my own body to make it easier for her. Taking the time to think, I couldn't help but notice the way her hair danced with her smile. I was entranced by the way Miko, it was much different than the Miko I have been getting to know as of late. Elegance, maybe?

"Sure thing," I quickly replied, Miko then visibly stiffened upon looking at the seats "Oh, is something the matter?"

Miko then shook her head.

"Ah, erm, maybe it is better if we sit at the booths." 

It was simply perplexing the switch in behavior from her. In one moment, it seemed as if Miko was happy, the next moment being changed to a nervousness that has always surrounded her.

It had not gone unnoticed by me, the behavior that could not truly be explained by simple theories. I have an inclining there was something I am unaware of that is causing her odd behavior. 

Well, nothing experimentation will not solve.

"I am not so sure, they don't look to be in the best of shape. Besides the higher quality of furniture at the bar, we would also be closer to the chef. That means we will be able to talk with the chef, interacting with him causing our food to taste even more delicious." I tried my best to sound passionate, though I knew it wouldn't come out that way. "Besides..."

Miko looked pretty freaked out, my points all being valid. It seemed as if she wanted to rebuttal, but couldn't figure it out. But, then she spoke up.

"Besides?" 

"Well, Miko, besides there is only one main reason I could think of as to why the booth would be better." I then pointed at Miko "You wanted the booth because of the privacy!"

I exclaimed this, for this was the test. I observed an interesting reaction, what seemed to make her face red with a confused face, it was my very accusation. 

"W-well, I guess it can't be helped that you figured out my intention this quickly," Miko laughed it off "after all, who wouldn't want to spend all of their time with you, Ki-yoooo-kun?"

I have trained my entire life to resist puppy eyes! Miko is staring at me with innocent puppy eyes, I couldn't resist it!

Just as I was about to speak up, the flirtatious girl pulled me out of my thoughts. Miko literally dragged me to the booths, holding my arm close to her, I felt her breasts pushed against my arm. 

I silently enjoyed that moment.

"Oppai..."

Miko POV:

After embarrassingly trying to avoid the spirit at the bar, I dragged my ghostbuster to the booth. Like any good girlfriend, I pulled him close with my affection!

"Thankfully these spirits seem to be very passive..." Miko thanked internally that she got a break from the creatures usual behavior. Maybe today wasn't going to be so bad.