Prolog

"YOU WILL COME BACK TO ME RIGHT?", asked Lucrecia as she stared at her best friend, who was leaving for war

Thomas Shelby and Lucrecia were standing at the station, the other Shelby's standing meters away to give them privacy.
They both felt conflicted about his departure and were already missing each other.
The couple of friends were never apart and this would be a new experience.

"Of course I will, Amora. I will always come back to you.", he promised and gave her one of his dashing smiles, making her sigh in relief.

Lucrecia looked around the station and then heard a loud horn, signaling that the train will leave soon.
"Let's say goodbye to the others."

These two went over the other Shelby's to see them all a little crestfallen and more than troubled.
But they will be back in some months, so everything will be the same soon.

"Oi, come here little sister.", exclaimed Arthur Shelby Jr. as he took the blonde girl tightly in his arms.
"Now don't forget me and get yourself a man. Or atleast some dates?"

Arthur grinned widely at his brunette brother, who gave him a glare at his words.
The eldest Shelby brother knew exactly why.

"Sure Arthur, sure.", chuckled Lucrecia and tightened her grip on the older man as she whispered,"Please try and stay safe."

"Always."

John Shelby went forwards and pulled her in his embrace as tightly as he could.
"Don't listen to this old man. You are better on your own, eh?"

"Of course, J.", the blonde woman replied, rolling her eyes at the overprotective behavior of him.
Nevertheless her grip on him tightened even more.

John and Lucrecia were the same age, so they understood each other sometimes better than others.
Of course John knew he could never compete with her and Tommy's friendship, but it also wasn't a secret that Tommy and Lucrecia were a little bit more than that.
Well it was a secret to said girl.

"When someone messes with you, give 'em fucking hell.", she heard him mutter in her ear, making her snort in an unladylike manner.

"No one will bloody mess with me, you know that, Johnny.", she responded, kissing him on the cheek as he left.

The blonde woman sighed sadly, knowing who was the last one to say goodbye to.
Her fucking best friend.

Tommy looked at her with a devastated expression as he noticed her rubbing her eyes slightly.
His forehead was pulled into a frown as he stepped forward quickly and took her forcefully in his embrace.

"No, no, don't do that Amor. No crying, you promised. Because remember when you cry, so do I.", rambled Tommy, making her chuckle slightly as her eyes blurred.

She sniffled weakly and then admitted,"I am going to miss you, tesoro."

"Write to me every fucking day and I read them and reply as soon as possible.I promise Mora.", Tommy explained and then added,"I will miss you more than everything."

The last signal of the train went off, signaling they have 2 minutes left as both of them took in shaky breaths.
It was time to say goodbye for a while, without knowing if the other one of them comes back.

"Please watch out for yourself until I come back. I love you so much Amora.", Tommy said, taking her closer to him as he kissed her forehead, staying there for some moments.

"I love you more.", was her response as they went apart.

She watched the three Shelby's entering the train as they went to find a seat.
Her breath stopped as Tommy stopped at the entry, only to turn around, waving at Lucrecia as she blew him a kiss.
The Shelby man pretended to catch it as put in the direction of his heart with a smirk, making Lucrecia chuckle under breath with tears storming down her cheeks.
She waved at him and saw him entering the train as it drove off.

There was a tight grip on her hand as she looked to her right to see Polly with a comforting smile as she herself has slightly tears in her eyes.

"Come on, let's go home.", she heard Ada say as the three woman made their way home, thinking about their boys.

", she heard Ada say as the three woman made their way home, thinking about their boys