03//"I have you back with me."

THE DAY HAS FINALLY COME after 4 years of longing and waiting

The three Shelby men were coming home, including some other soldiers.
Small Heath's streets were filled with wives or daughters getting chores or things they might need again.
Happiness filled the air of the town and also of the Shelby house.

"They are coming back.", Polly told her niece with a big smile, telling her the news she just received.

Ada was smiling, but worried slightly. Would they come behind her secret?
"They all got out alive, eh?"

Her aunt frowned slightly,"Yet Lu is on business for the entire day. We can't even inform her to come home."

The short haired brunette also frowned at this, taking an apple from the basket,"Where is she again?"

"Meeting with some people, you know the usual business Ada. But to answer your question, she is in bloody London.", sighed Polly and rubbed her eyes slightly.

Ada had a surprised expression on her face as she asked,"In London? Who's she meeting in fucking London?"

"I told you before and I tell you know.Lucrecia has her own business
and if she won't tell you herself, then you will have to respect that."

The Shelby sister rolled her eyes at that and thought about her future sister in law's business.
What is Lucrecia doing?

"We leaving for the station or what?", she changed the subject and Polly nodded with a wide smile, crushing out her cigarette in the ashtray.

THE GRAY WOMAN HAD A WIDE smile on her face as she watched the train stopping and the doors opening.
She and her niece went a little closer, walking through the masses of people.
However you could her a small gasp leaving her mouth when her boys exited the train.
She wouldn't dare to say they look the same, they looked a little roughen up and skinnier than she remembers.
Their hair was shorter and John clearly grew some inches.
Nevertheless she smiled brightly at the sight of them.

As soon as John locked eyes with his aunt he walked faster and held her tightly, doing the same to his sister after.
Arthur also hugged his family after nearly running towards them.
Only Tommy slacked behind, looking behind his family and around the station.
'Where the bloody hell is she?'

Nevertheless he hugged his aunt and sister a little stiffly, greeting them.
Yet his eyes strayed away and searched through the crowds.

His aunt, who witnessed this, announced,"You three will see her tonight, she is away on business for the day."

Tom's cold eyes snapped to her as he asked,"On her own?"