You've got my devotion.

The rain has dissipated. It's light now, airy and shy. It's only indication is the mist it leaves on your hair and eyelashes. You don't care that it's cold, you can feel his familiar eyes on you despite the silence of the rooftop.

"I know you're there," you whisper, turning your head to the dark shadow by the wall, "I was counting on it actually."

He steps from the darkness, clad in renewed red. Daredevil. "You wanted to see me?"

"No," you mumble, staring up at the horns adorning his helmet, "Not you. Matthew."

"I'm here," he sighs, hands reaching up to remove the mask that covers his face. He sets it on the cement edge lining the distant lights of Hells Kitchen.

"Are you okay?" You ask, gesturing to his side where the large cut once threatened him, "How are you holding up?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm okay. I'm fine," he confirms, taking a few hesitant steps towards you, "it's all thanks to you." You just grimace, pushing the memories from your head. He was so close to dying and it scared you to your core. It made your soul rattle with fear. "Are you?" He asks, upon hearing your heart quicken, "I've tried to call."

"Yeah," you suck in a deep breath, slumping to the corner of the roofs ledge and sitting down, "I didn't feel like talking."

Matthew nods, sitting down beside you. He sets his helmet beside him, resting it on the cement ledge quietly. "I can go," he assures you, though his voice is less confident than he intended, "I just wanted to see you were safe, that's all."

"Do you do that often?" You tilt your head at him, narrowing your eyes, "Check up on me?"

"Yes," he admits, "if you feel safe, I can leave-"

"No," you look up at him, almost aching at the soft sadness held within his eyes. There's an understanding yet upset smile on his lips. "Can you tell me everything?" You wonder, your eyes flicking to his lips, "please?"

His face shines under the dim streetlights from below, casting him in a halo of gold. "Yeah," his eyebrows are upturned and he tries his best to give you a comforting smile, "I can do that."

His voice is barely above a whisper, raspy and soft as he recounts it all. The accident when he was nine. Learning to fight with a man named Stick, who was also blind. His beginnings. Fighting alongside others with super abilities. Finding love and losing it. Finding friendship and losing it too. You sit side by side, talking.

"Why did you become a lawyer?" You wonder, examining the fine details on his suit.

"The same reason I became Daredevil; to help people," he answers honestly, "is it fair for me to ask you a question now?"

"Yeah."

"Why are we here, talking? What changed?"

"Nothing changed," you admit to him, shaking your head gently, "I..."

"What is it?" He wonders, wishing he could inch himself closer to you.

"I just - I couldn't stop thinking about what you said; that I started to... to love you," you screw your eyes shut, tearing your gaze away from him and down to your hands, "And I..."

"I never should have used that against you," he whispers gently, "it wasn't right."

Turning to him again, you clench your jaw, "But I do love you, you were right." Despite knowing, Matthews heart can't handle hearing you say it. The words make his chest brighten with light and he feels his breath falter for a moment. Matthew bites the inside of his lip, at the corner of his mouth, and his lips press together. He wants to say it. God, he wants to say it. Please. You swallow the lump in your throat, eyebrows furrowing as you hold back tears of exhaustion, "Nothing changed because... I l never - I didn't stop loving you after knowing the truth. I don't think that I... I don't think that I can. When you love someone, you love all of them."