Chapter IV: Retrieving the Herbes

Y/N's POV

I looked at the holomap on board the ship trying to look for the mountain that Suzy was talking about.

Yuna was helping as well but we got no luck as there are many mountains. We couldn't give up because there's a life at stake and we need the intel.

"Any luck?" I asked her and she sighed.

"No, just regular mountains." Yuna said to me.

"Suzy said that the herbs are located in the nearby mountain but there alot mountains everywhere." I replied to her.

After that, Leeseo came on board the gunship and she approached us.

"I talked to Suzy and gave her some medicine that should help treat the symptoms which will buy us more time." Leeseo explained to us.

"Great, but did you ask which mountain where looking for?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Yep, it's called 'Mt. Underworld' it's where those gargoyles and the herbs are at." She said before using the holomap to zoom into a mountain that is surrounded by dark clouds. 

"Looks dangerous with the dark clouds covering my vision, landing will be difficult." I analyzed the mountain's situation.

"Indeed, so what's the plan?" Yuna asked me.

I looked at the holographic image of Mt. Underworld and it seems that there is an opening area which is near the cave entrance but will have to walk at least a few kilometers to reach the entrance.

There's no other way. I explained to the girls about the landing plan and we proceeded into the cockpit.

I did my usual routine on the ship and we soon took off into the air. I set our course and about ten minutes later, we reached to the mountain.

The clouds surrounding us struck lightning all around us which made us concerned.

I boosted up the shields on the ship to protect us, we only got hit about a couple of times.

We reached the landing zone and I landed on the dead grass. We got out and saw the huge ass mountain that looked scary and cursed.

No wonder, why Suzy wouldn't travel here herself...

Anyway, despite the intimidation of the mountain itself along with the warning signs, we still persisted.

We hiked through the trail and surrounded us where a bunch of dead plants and skeletons of animals.

"Brrr... This place gives me the creeps." Leeseo commented while looking at one of the skeletons.

"Tell me about it, but remember what we're here for." Yuna replied to her and she nodded.

"We're here." I said to them after we stopped at the cave entrance.

We all took a deep breath before we ventured inside the cave. We can hear the sound of nearby bats that live in this cave.

We kept on moving forward until we saw a light shining above from the ceiling and we saw it's the herb we've been looking for.

"Alright! Let's get it!" Yuna said but I stopped her.

"This place could be rigged with traps. It looks to easy too me." I said to her.

I activated the heat vision inside of my helmet and scanned for any hidden traps. I go forward cautiously toward the flower and looked around my surroundings.

What I see are statues of what appears to be gargoyles. Now, they may seem to look like just ordinary statues.

But beware, that's one of their abilities to turn themselves into stone to make them look harmless.