Chapter V: Finding the Temple of Light

Y/N's POV

While we were en route to Beijing, China, I got a phone call from Yeji. Wonder what she could need this time?

I press the answering button on the controls and a holographic image of Yeji shows up.

"Watsup?" I asked her while concentrating on flying.

"I heard you've already talked to Suzy, how was it?" Yeji asked me.

"It went well, except we got chased by a pack of gargoyles." I answered her. 

"I see, where are you heading to now?" She asked me.

"Beijing, China, the Temple of Light. Suzy told us we need the spear of light in order to help defeat the Countess." I answered her and she nodded.

"In that case, I'll call up my friend Beomgyu, he's a vampire and a fanatic when it comes to finding the temple. He knows alot about it, so I'm sure he'll prove quite useful to you all." Yeji explained to me and I nodded.

"That would be great. What's his coordinates?" I asked her.

"I'll transmit to you, right now." Yeji said while typing in her computer and I got a notification in the navigation computer.

"I got it, thanks again." I said to her.

"No problem, good luck." She said before signing off.

I set the course of the gunship to the coordinates that Yeji had provided me once we arrived in the region. It looked like a campsite with a research satellite and everything you'd need for an exploration.

I landed the gunship near the campsite where Beomgyu was waiting for us. We get out of the cockpit and drop down to the cargo hold and open the landing platform. We exited the ship and I shook hands with Beomgyu.

"Hey, there. You must be Y/N, Leeseo, and Yuna, right?" He asked us and we nodded.

"Yep, that's us!" Yuna answered him.

"Great! I'm Choi Beomgyu, the scientist. Follow me." Beomgyu said to us and we followed him inside of his tent that is full of technology and all sorts of research equipment.

Beomgyu proceeded to show us all of the data and ancient relics that are believed to be clues and remnants of the temple. He explained the temple of light had disappeared many years ago during the Great War.

Rumors say that the temple was destroyed due to the heavy battles or because of the spear that poses a threat. So far, the only thing he discovered was a set of coordinates that is supposed to be where the temple is located.

Many other scientists also know the coordinates but none of them came out alive as they were filed to be missing. That makes me concerned to wonder if there are dangerous monsters or hidden booby traps.

"That's all I know, and I didn't dare go into the jungle alone. There are dangerous predators and perhaps even hidden traps 

"But! With all of you helping me! I'm confident I will be able to find the temple!" He said to us.

We prepared for the long hike, he packed up all of the equipment he needed into his backpack, we can't travel by my gunship because of how dense the jungle is. When we got done, we exited the tent and began to hike into the jungle.

I was using the holomap and the coordinates that Beomgyu had given me to guide us through the treacherous journey. I was using the Darksaber to cut down the thick bushes and plants that were blocking the way.

I activated my heat-vision in my helmet to spot any predators or any other monsters that could be stalking us. I do not like this.

"We're almost there." I informed the others while chopping down the bushes.

"Good, cause I keep on getting bitten by mosquitos." Yuna replied to me while spraying repellent on herself.

I looked at the holomap on my vambrace and it showed that we had arrived but all we saw was just an open area of the jungle and no temple.

"What the...?" I said to myself while inspecting the map making sure this is the right place.

"What is it?" Leeseo asked me.

"The holomap said that we have arrived but there's no temple." I answered her.

"No, this doesn't make any sense. The ancient tablet that I had found said that it was right here." Beomgyu explained to us before examining the area.

I suppose we should be checking around, perhaps there's a hidden switch or button somewhere, here. We split up and check each tree and ground to find any clues.

All of a sudden, I heard an arrow heading towards me so I dodged it in time for the arrow to hit the tree. It looks like the arrow is dipped into poison based on the liquid spewing from the arrow head.

I drew my blaster pistol out with the Darksaber in my hand while the others drew their weapons as well. I used the heat-vision in my helmet to scan to see if there are hidden traps that launched the arrows

*branch breaking*

I pointed my blaster to the sound of the branch breaking, I saw nothing, someone or something is hunting us.

"Show yourself!" Yuna called out to the jungle.

In a blink of an eye, I spotted a vampire ninja hurling towards me from above with a katana in its hand. I opened fire to stop the ninja and he stopped his attack in order to dodge my fire. Afterwards, a group of ninja's showed themselves.

Sh*t, the Countess must know about the temple...

I put away my blaster and substituted it with my beskar spear. Two of the ninjas charged towards the speed of light but I used the spear to block one of their attacks and the Darksaber to cut the katana in half.

I maneuvered my spear to knock the ninja back, next the disarm ninja latched onto my neck but I used my beskar helmet to hit his head as hard as I could, causing him to let go. However, it was only a distraction.

The ninja came to me with a katana but I used my vambrace grappling hook to immobilize them and I took advantage by stabbing the ninja with the Darksaber. 

Yuna and Leeseo take care of the other ninja's, they were no match for all of us. Beomgyu just watched us in amazement until the fight was over.

I withdrew the blade and put the Darksaber hilt onto my utility belt and I put the beskar spear back to my jetpack.

"Now that the fight is done, shall we continue searching?" Beomgyu asked us and we nodded.

We kept on searching the area again, after ten minutes of looking through the plants, I managed to find a hidden lever. It was rusted badly. I tried pulling it but it was no use as time took a toll on it.

"You found something?" Yuna asked me.

"Yeah, a hidden lever but I'm afraid years of passing have taken a toll on it." I answered her before sighing.

The rest of the group came over and tried to pull it but despite vampire strength, it still wouldn't budge. I had an idea, I explained to everyone to back away.

I used my vambrace to spew out a fire on the lever and I stopped after a few seconds, we used some of our water to cool the lever off and we tried again. This time, we were able to pull the lever and a huge hole was revealed in the ground.

"Looks like we found the entrance!" Beomgyu exclaimed while looking down.

Yuna, Leeseo and myself began preparing the rope and tying it to a tree. I don't know what we're really going to find down there but I know that spear will help us for the foreseeable battle.

----------------------------------------------

End of Chapter

Author: I wonder what our heroes will find in the Temple of Light... Stay tuned to find out! Anyway, if you liked the chapter please leave a vote and comment if you can :)