Chapter 04: Dinner at the diner

Joscelin's POV
I drove to the after school as Charlie had made plans for us to eat there for dinner. I couldn't stop thinking about what occurred during my last period World History and Culture class.

~~~flashback~~~
I walked into my last period classroom and had my note signed by Ms. Olive, a tall and slim woman with blue green eyes and black hair pulled back in a high ponytail and tinted glasses. After signing it she pointed to a random direction in the back of the classroom "You can have a seat with Mr. Hale and Ms. Walsh. Jasper, Maggie! Please raise your hands!"

Sure enough two pale white hands where up in the air in the far right corner next to the windows which were cracked open letting the cool, moist air in.

I shakily walked over to the desk where both the golden-eyed vampires sat staring at me. I carefully sit down trying not to make any sudden movements that will set the newbie vegetarians off. However, once I sit down both of them release sighs of relief and relax as if I was an aspirin or something that relieved them of their ailments. I swallowed and timidly said "Hi, I'm Joscelin Swan, but please call me Joss. You're Jasper Hale and Maggie Walsh, right? I look forward to working with you both."

They smiled at me and Maggie politely said "We look forward to getting to know you too, Joss" her catlike eyes seemed to glow with mischief and excitement. I smiled back and turned my attention to Ms. Olive who was reviewing dates and casualty numbers with us and suddenly called on Tyler who didn't know the answer so I spoke up defending my new friend "There were 346 casualties, Ma'am, unless you're counting local civilians" I called over my shoulder as I doodled in my notebook.

 Olive who was reviewing dates and casualty numbers with us and suddenly called on Tyler who didn't know the answer so I spoke up defending my new friend "There were 346 casualties, Ma'am, unless you're counting local civilians" I called over my s...

"Thank you, Ms. Swan, but there were no civilian casualties" Ms. Olive said, but I peered over at her before resuming my doodling and said "Actually there were 27, ma'am, confederate soldiers opened fired on a church that they suspected to be housing weapons and they were wrong. It was a night of great loss" everyone grew silent before I spoke again "The town's archives are very informative if you'd like to brush up on your facts" a few students let out a couple 'ooohhhh's' making me roll my eyes.

Ms. Olive replied "My facts are fine, thank you, Ms. Swan" she then turned her attention Lauren and said "Pearl Harbor, Ms. Mallory?" Lauren look like a deer in the headlights and I said "December 7th, 1941" Ms. Olive glared daggers at the back of my head and said "Thank you, Ms. Mallory" making everyone chuckle and I casually replied "Any time" annoying her further "Very well, the fall of the Berlin Wall?" I quickly responded just to piss her off and be the satanic little shit that I am "1989. I'm good with dates ma'am" I bowed my head to hide my smirk.

"Are you? How good? Keep it to the year" Ms. Olive said and started quizzing me as the students watched us with rapt attention.

"Civil rights act?" -Ms. Olive.

"1964." -Me.

"John F. Kennedy assassination?" -Ms. Olive.

"1964." -Me.