Chapter 2

Harley has half a mind to turn and run back into the woods once she finally arrives at the station. Disregarding his initial freak out, Liam had remained quiet on the walk back. He finally speaks again once they reach the station.

"Are you ready for this?" he asks. "This is gonna be a lot. Plus, you like, just came back to life."

"Where else would I go?" she scoffs, pushing past him to open the doors. "I'm not doing some dramatic life reveal, if that's what you mean."

"Stop right there," a new voice says. Harley turns to find Parrish staring at her with an indiscernible look, hand hovering over his gun. "What the hell are you?"

"Excuse me?" Harley asks, his words momentarily distracting her. "You better have meant to say 'who,' asshole."

"Harley?" His hand falls away from the gun. "How the hell..."

"It's her," Liam says, stepping forward and in front of Harley. "We need to see the sheriff."

"Right, yeah," Parrish says, still looking at Harley. "Go ahead." Liam nods thankfully and Harley follows behind him. "Hey, Harley." Once she turns to look at him, he smiles. "Nice to see you around."

"You didn't think you could get rid of me that easily," Harley smirks, "Did you?"

Sitting in the sheriff's office is an even more awkward affair than the walk. Harley has reminded Liam numerous times that she can take care of herself, especially in a cop's office, no less, but he seems to have taken it upon himself to protect her. 

"I'm not leaving you on your own," he had said the first time.

"I can't have you running off before you get checked out," he said the next. Not soon enough, Sheriff Stilinski walks into his office, slamming the door on someone who he had been bickering with. He turns, facing Harley, and stops dead in his tracks.

"Hi, Sheriff," she smiles sheepishly. 

"What the hell?" Stilinski asks. 

"This is real," Liam immediately urges. "I saw her name, it was on the Deadpool. She's definitely alive."

"Did you just say my name is on a Deadpool?" Harley asks, but the question falls on deaf ears as the sheriff continues to stare at her. "Sheriff?" 

Stilinski lunges forward, pulling her into a tight hug. "Christ, kid," he chokes on his words. Harley rubs his back soothingly. 

"You know how I am. Always one for the drama." He pulls away chuckling, and Harley pointedly ignores the tears in his eyes.

"We should probably get you to the hospital." Harley nods in agreement, but is distracted by a loud ringing in her ears. It gets gradually higher pitched, until everything around her falls in a flurry of noises and sounds. 

Once she wakes back up, she finds herself outside in pouring rain. The sounds tone back down, until she's left in silence, the only sound being the rain hitting the ground. Looking around, she realizes she's at the lacrosse field at the high school. She watches as two kids run out into the field in front of her, and she immediately recognizes the golden glow in their eyes. She watches with bated breath as the lights turn on, and their chests fill with red lights, pining them as targets. 

Her body moves before her mind. She throws a hand out, a wave of red shielding the kids from the incoming arrows. At the same time, a katana comes down, slicing the arrow in half. It's chaos from there, but it eventually ends with Harley blasting the hunters back once more, then grabbing Kira's hand and running. She pushes her deeper into the forest, making sure they're hidden. She stops as Kira stops, the girl staring at her in horror.