-airports and annoyance

Levi's pov

"Flight 1138 departure in ten minutes."
Shit.

My day had been going horribly enough as it was, and since life seemed to be against me as of late it had decided to go and make it worse by making it possible that I might miss my flight.

I picked up the pace and walked swiftly down the seemingly endless shiny airport hallways towards the gates for my flight.

I couldn't help but scoff as I rushed towards a flight I had no desire to be on, but I didn't have a choice either. I truly loved living in Japan, but I couldn't get a good education here. Why exactly? Well since my wretched excuse of an uncle had stolen my money and run off one night I had been left with no choice but to call my cousin Mikasa for assistance.
After all, what else could I have done? I had no money for rent and was sure to get evicted, and without any college education I couldn't get a job that was good enough to support myself. The fact that i was only 17 and about to start my final year of Highschool definitely didn't help either.

It was such bullshit.

And of course Mikasa had instantly offered that I come to the United States and stay with her. After all her parents were filthy rich and could easily support another person in their home. In fact they had wanted me to come live with them for awhile, but Kenny had cut contact with them and they had been unable to gain custody of me.
All of that being said her parents could also help me with the foreign exchange student program and allow me to attend my senior year of Highschool in the United States, and by the time all that was over I would have a US citizenship and I could attend college there somewhere.
I hated it, but it was my only choice. It was either that or become some street rat again.

I hadn't even realized but my pace had grown quicker and quicker and I was now nearly running towards my flight. I tugged at the straps of my backpack uncomfortably as I jogged and every once in awhile my suitcase would hit my heel, causing me to stumble.

Shit this is annoying.

My phone buzzed and i quickly checked it, seeing it was a notification from my online friend who was flying from Thailand to the USA. I made sure to check their message to get updates on their flight and if anything had happened.
My online best friend, ZOEned_out104, but i called them Zoe, was my mutual on instagram and TikTok. We had become friends the way most online people did, they had found my art on their for you page, i had checked out their account when they over-excitedly complimented and I had loved their chaotic all over the place content. We had quickly become close.

ZOEned_out104: ugh we have a layover in Japan, too bad you wont tell me your city I would've tried to see if we had time to meet up!
local.clean.freak: wtf you didn't tell me you had a layover in Japan! But the chances of you being in my city are small anyway.
ZOEned_out104: the layover is in Sendai idk if that's your city

I frowned at my phone as I continued to walk fast and type.

local.clean.freak: you've gotta be kidding me
ZOEned_out104: yeah I'm not joking
local.clean.freak: well what the hell dude if i had known i would've told you to meet up with me. But im running late so i gotta go- lmk when you land.

I had missed one of my best friends. I could've finally met them! But nooo I had to be getting to this damn flight.

Dammit. Could this get any more annoying?

Apparently it could.
I had just barley made it to my gate as the flight was doing its final call, and the flight attendant that took my suitcase didn't look particularly happy with me for nearly being late.
I rolled my eyes with annoyance as I checked my ticket to see where I was seated. The moment I spotted my seat I somehow felt even more annoyed than before.