Chapter 12

Izuku POV

-Earlier-

During this whole time with Rody, I had a pretty great time. We stopped by Uraraka's family restaurant and we kept talking for the past three hours. Afterwards, we went into a garden and just continued our conversation that was left interrupted by Tsu, Hagakure and her boyfriend jumping in unannounced.

It looks like he just wanted to get out of there, so we ended up paying and left, now we're at the garden. Sitting on a bench, while eating some cake that we got from a bakery nearby.

I snorted out a laugh as I put my hand under my chin to catch the cake that fell out of my mouth, "Hold on, your brother did what?"

"It's not funny. Do you have any idea what kind of measurements I had to do with my hair?! It was also one of the reasons why I kept it long..."

"So. You don't keep it long just because it's a fashion trend in your eyes?"

I eyed at him and his hair as he shook his head no, then Pino popped up out of nowhere from his hair. I chuckled as she chirped and flew to my lap and sat down. Taking the cake that I caught, I threw it in my mouth, chewed and swallowed it. She was about to eat whatever of the cake I had left, but I stuffed it all into my mouth and chewed it up. Giving me a sore look, she flew to my face and for some reason, I smelt a strange odor.

"Pino! Come on, it's just cake!" Pretty soon, she flew a small distance away from me and didn't bat an eye as she flew back onto Rody's shoulder. "Isn't she not allowed to eat sweets?" I asked as he gave a small piece to her.

"A little cake won't hurt her," his hand petted her head to which she nuzzled into the touch. He took one more bite out of the cake and set the wrapper aside. His eyes darted over to the fountain that centered around the whole garden.

"It's really beautiful at this time during the summer, especially the fireflies..." I uttered out while I took in the sight. Especially the fountain. With the fountain, it just sounds so soothing, so calm and reassuring. I focused my attention back on Rody and he just got up off the bench and went up to the fountain.

For a moment, I thought I heard something like, "Not as beautiful as you," is what I think he said.

Then he climbed up onto the fountain and stopped as he set one of his feet on the second level of the fountain while holding a firm grip to the point. For some reason, he kept his head down for a second and used his free hand to clench his shirt. Then he sprung his head up with a furious blush on his face. "Izuku Midoriya! Will you do me the honor to be my boyfriend and partner?!" Rody confessed as he held a firm grip to the top of the fountain.

-Present-

Silence was my response. Did he just confess that he wants me to be his boyfriend?! Can people do that? But, why? Why is he saying this now? I need to know.

I slowed my pace as I stood up and walked over to where he was still standing. Feet in the water still. Not knowing what to do, I stepped in the fountain too and our distance became closer. Centimeters away from his face, he started to lean in, but my hand prevented him from pursing his lips up.

"Rody, why would you say something like that??"

He was taken aback as he took his hand away from his chest to my wrist. Moving my hand away from his face, "Because I've been wanting to get it off my chest. I'm being honest about what I said, and I'm not taking it back."

This is his serious face. I'd know it when I see it. His hand let go of my wrist. I sighed and took in his gaze, "This is all just crazy. We've only been on one date and it only lasted four hours!" I protested.