Chapter 15

Izuku POV

I spoke too soon, this isn't helping me at all with my situation. I did what Hagakure suggested, but that just made it so much harder!

Rody's always the one who's been planning dates and I went along with it. Me? I never returned the favor and I feel bad about it! Pacing around the kitchen, I kept pondering on my future with either Kacchan or Rody.

"Chi! Chi!" Huh? I whipped my head around to find a bird right in front of me. Pino? My eyes darted over something by her feet. Did she get caught in some trash again? Rody, you need to be more careful with her. I better take care of it. She flew into the palm of my hands and as I carefully had one hand hold onto her and my other slipping away from support, my free hand reached for the piece of trash.

Or what I thought was trash, but instead it was a piece of paper with some writing on it. How did she carry that all on her own? Has Rody been training her to do this? Unraveling the note, I skimmed through it quickly and reread it a few times. "Wait, why does this say Mr. Yagi?"

"Because I stole that invitation from his mailbox!" I jolted and picked up the knife and pointed at whoever said that. "Whoa! Put the knife down."

"Rody?! What is with you sneaking up on people?? You could've given me a heart attack," I argued as I set the knife back on the counter. "You need to give this back, I'm not going to a party as someone else."

"Oh come on, it'll be fun!"

"Nope! Give this back, I have other plans in mind. In fact, I thought I might return the favor from all the dates we've been on," I replied.

"Hm... Is the little green bean planning a date? Please, don't leave me hanging, I wanna know where you're going to take me," he pleaded as he leaned closer to my side, "Pretty please, green bean?"

Erm. He's really close, why is he this close? Have we gotten to that stage where we reach this much physical contact? Wait, why am I even worried? We're not even dating. But, still. "Hey, um, you're a bit close. Can you please get off of me?"

He noticed that I felt a little uneasy, so he retracted himself from me, "Oh sorry, Uh... but did you like that little gesture I pulled for you?"

"It would've been better if you hadn't stolen that man's invitation, now can you please give this back to their rightful owner," I asked as I went back to chopping up some fruit.

"Love to, but this was actually in the mailbox here." He blankly told me, which caught my eye. "Is Yagi your boss?"

This is new to me. After all this time, this is how I find out his name?! Huh. You learn something new everyday, how about that. "And you're sure you found this in the mailbox?"

"Of course! When have I ever lied to you?" I'd rather not answer that question. "Look, um, I'll see you later. Can't wait for the surprise!" Pino flew over to his head and nestled into his messy hair. Seriously, how can he not tame his hair?! If he keeps at it, then he needs to cut it off. He went out the back again and I watched as he left.

I could still feel the time when he leaned into my touch. I placed my right hand around my waist as I remembered what happened earlier. "Ahem!" That sort of startled me, my eyes shifted to the opening of the hallway, and I saw Kacchan leaning and pushing himself up so he could walk over to me. "Mind telling me why you're hugging yourself?"

"No reason! Mind telling me what you're doing down here?" I retorted and refrained myself from placing my hand on that exact spot.

"I overheard you guys talking about going to a party. I'm telling you, you shouldn't keep hanging out with him."