Chapter Nine

It was finally Akari's first day off after working almost eleven days in a row. He wasn't going to complain. He was bringing in the big bucks, but he was left sore and exhausted. His Uncle didn't necessarily mean to work him that hard, even if it was Akari's idea. Akari knows his uncle doesn't have any new employees and uncle knows that Akari is saving up. It's like a win-win if you look at it that way.

He didn't set his alarm for the morning. His body was used to being up at a certain time that he woke up reaching for his phone instantly before realizing he could sleep in.

Well, he was going to sleep in.

Dr.Pickles was already in his face pawing at his nose to wake up. This was his way of telling Akari that he was hungry and he wanted his food now rather than wait an hour.

"I'm up, geez."

He procrastinated feeding the cat by going to the bathroom to do his business and brush his teeth. His bathroom wasn't that fancy either. There was stains on the bathtub that no amount of bleach or bathroom cleaner could remove. The screw that holds the toilet seat was broken so everytime he took a shit he would move around. The sink was probably decent, the cold water knob didn't work so he never washes his face in there. Cheap looking linoleum was the floor, which he had some rugs in there so he guessed it looked better than it did before he bought them. Oh well. It's a cheap apartment so he can't complain too much.

The morning routine for days off always involved half-assed chores. After feeding Dr.Pickles was when he would start his weekly laundry. He always started with his clothes, then towels. He hand washes his dishes because he uses the same cup for water every other day if he doesn't drink from a bottle. He never liked doing dishes so he would buy paper plates so he didn't have to wash anything more than necessary. After the dishes, he would begin to vacuum the rugs and sweep/mop the floors. The later thing he almost never got around to because he always takes a "break" to sit on the couch and watch T.V.

He finished a few episodes of The Office before switching the station over to live T.V. The weather channel in his area usually does a forecast for the week so he likes to be prepared for bad weather if anything especially since his mode of transportation is his quite literally his feet. Hopefully it was obe around this time of afternoon.

"-coming to you live from the U.S.J. owed by U.A. Less than an hour ago, hero class 1-A were about to train to search and rescue, when countless villains infiltrated the building. They claimed-"

That was Denki's class.

Akari sat up in his seat, grabbing his phone to call his uncle while watching cut scenes of some of the students were being questioned by the law enforcement. Many pro heroes were assisting in bringing some of the captured villains to police cars/vans. He saw paramedics wheeling out someone who had a neck brace on and looked like he was just beat to death.

It took a few rings to answer ."Hello?"

"Hey I know you're busy, but you need to call Denki."

"Why? Is something wrong?"

"Villains attacked them on that field trip they took."

"Oh my. Let me call you back. Meet me outside your building."

Akari threw his shoes on not even checking what he was wearing(it was a t-shirt and athletic shorts) before grabbing his house keys and leaving his apartment. Standing on the sidewalk, he waited for a few minutes before he saw his uncle's car pull around the corner and stopping right in front of him.

"Were you able to get a hold of Denki?"

"No. His line was cut for some reason. Probably has to do with the attack." He went speeding down the street. "Try calling someone you might know who knows the class."

" I can try. I dont necessarily think they will answer."

He dialled Aizawa's number. It rang a few times and he was certain he wouldn't pick up.

"Shota's phone?" A voice he had no idea who's it was.

"Um Hi? I'm one of Aizawa's aquantinces. I'm calling to check on everyone. I saw the news and my cousin isn't answering his phone. He's a student. Kaminari Denki? Blond with a black lightening bolt in his hair? Can't miss him."

"This is one of Shota's friends. He left his phone with me while they went on the field trip. I just got news that he was critically injured and was rushed to the hospital. Some students had been taken there as well . I'm not sure which ones but i'm sure all of them will be there to check on their teacher. I would go there first, they might bot let you on the crime scene." They hung up.

"They said go to the hospital. Some of the students were taken there."

"On it."

They arrived after about ten minutes to the hospital near U.A. The emergency room was packed with random civilians, a few teens in hero costumes and a few hospital staff going and checking on the patients in the room.

"How may I assist you today?" A nice lady asked when she spotted them looking around for someone.

"We're here to see if my son was taken here? " He placed a picture of his son on the desk. "He was apart of the U.S.J. incident. Kaminari Denki is his name. I'm his father Kaminari Tadashi."

"Alright, give me a few moments." She tapped on her keyboard looking at the monitor. She moved the mouse and clicked it a few times before turning back to them.
"Yes, he was immited about ten minutes ago due to a fractured elbow. Some U.A. staff is assisting with the healing process as we speak. Please have a seat and we'll call you as soon as possible."

Akari went to find seats while his uncle went to the bathroom. He looked over to the teens who were in hero suits earlier and realized that he's seen them before. About to go towards them, they all looked up.

"Is that you Akari?!"

A/N: Lmao sorry. This chapter is all over the place but im trying yo get to this one part i've had an idea for for the last few days.