Chapter 3 - Trost Brings Back Memories

2 years later - -

We ran through the rain beside Shadis on his horse, heavy bags on our shoulders. I watched as Reiner took Armin's bag, only for Armin to take it back talking about not being a burden.

I on the other hand looked unphased by the weight, humming quietly as I jogged easily. I mean I carried around heavy wings for like 17 years in my past life so this wasn't much to me at all.

Shigaku Takatsuji, respected by his comrades and built like a horse with speed and skill but not much brute. Model cadet similar to Mikasa Ackerman, nothing short of genius, but less than enthusiastic to help anyone but Braun and Hoover. I'm pretty sure he has his own protection squad amongst the male and female cadets and doesn't even know it. Shadis thinks to himself, watching as I fly through the air silently, nearly a blur as I slice through fake titan nape.

I easily and quickly built up points, and even got a bit teasing as I stole a few 'kills' from my comrades. But the sweet smile I flashed back at them after seemed to be enough to make up for it.

-

Next was hand to hand fighting, where I watched Eren flip Reiner onto his back.

"Reiner! Charging won't always work!" I laugh, flipping my own wood knife in the air before snatching it by the handle. "Watch this!" I spoke, turning back to a cadet who's name I didn't know.

I walked up to him, an innocent smile on my face as I flipped the knife and held it by the handle as if holding it out to him.

As soon as he tried to grab it, my innocent smile fell to an flat expression, I quickly spun the knife and slammed my free hand into a pressure point between his shoulder and neck. I grabbed his hair roughly as he tried to make himself use the fall to stumble back away from me, keeping him close.

It wasn't too flashy, but I had him kneeling before me with the fake knife on his neck and a tight grip on his hair. I'd won easily with no unnecessary attention or charging or shouting.

I used the knife to tilt his chin up as I let out a small laugh. "I win ♡" I smile, handing him the knife for real this time. "Your turn, rogue."

Eren and Reiner talked, and I watched as they approached Annie Leonhart. I motioned for my partner to hold on, because I wanted to watch how this went with Eren versus Annie.

I huffed in amusement watching her take out Eren with just a kick to the shin, but I was even more interested watching Reiner want to go against her.

My eyes went wide as I watched how she took down Eren, and I held out my hand for the knife from my partner. "Give give give give, I want to face her-" I spoke with excitement in my eyes.

As soon as I felt the wooden handle, I jogged up to watch what happened. I snorted as Eren mocked Reiner with his own words before Reiner was smacked down as well.

Afterwards she began walking away, talking about how this was all useless and how the smart ones blow it off and only the idiots take it seriously. Before she could continue, I kinda interrupted her.

"Leonhart wait. I want a go as well, if you don't mind." I spoke and she turned and eyed me up and down. Unlike the other two, she turned me down. It made me curious why but I didn't fight it.

"Except for you, Shigaku. You aren't an idiot, you're simply refining what you already know aren't you?" She spoke, and we locked eyes.

I smirked and shrugged. "And if I am? The enemy isn't just titans." I spoke, confusing Eren. It's like in our time at the bootcamp, he's forgotten that bullying and crime is still a thing.

Annie looked pleased with my answer before grabbing my knife and continuing her talk with Eren. She took Eren down again, and I watched boredly, however her words amused me.