Chapter 1 (Not mine.)

A/N: This is the first chapter of yuki_MXIVo's writing, so the writing style is a little different than my own. 

Still, I have edited and adjusted this chapter to match my future plans, so please don't use this but the Author's original writing(after asking them of course) if you are interested. 

Everything happens too fast. Usually it's the opposite, usually everything is much too slow. But Kakashi's heart is beating too fast and there's too much blood and Rin is alive but Obito is almost dead. Even though he's no longer below the rocks he's still almost dead, and Sensei can't heal Obito, and Rin can stop some bleeding, but not much more than that, and-

Kakashi shouldn't care so much, really. They're still in the field, he needs to be calm, like a good shinobi. He needs to calm his breathing and even his heart rate and think. He feels stupid, right now, he feels dumb. (Is this how normal people think all the time? He can't stand it.)

Sensei looks worried, even if he's so obviously trying to hide it. Around them lay dead Iwa shinobi, their blood still a vivid red, fresh enough to not be dulled. And that's good, there's no immediate threat, not anymore. (Sensei came in time—why did Sensei come? Did he think Kakashi wouldn't be competent? New information, maybe? Does it even matter?)

Kakashi's eye is throbbing, the slash through his lid bleeds and bleeds, but it's bandaged and he'll be alright, so he doesn't care. There are more important things to worry about, things like Obito-

"Obito," Rin starts, then stops, pauses, bites at her lip. "Is he—?"

"He...isn't dead yet," Sensei says, tone gentle, a bit lost. And Obito isn't dead yet but Kakashi knows enough about the human body to know that he's going to die soon. Half his body is crushed.

"Konoha is too far," Kakashi says, and tries not to wonder where Obito's grave would be placed. Would Kakashi be allowed to visit if it were inside the Uchiha district? "We won't make it back in time."

Rin shoots him a glare. "We will. If we hurry—"

"If we hurry," Kakashi interrupts, "then Obito's condition gets much worse, and he dies before we get there. And if we go slow and steady he also dies before we get there."

Sensei winces, shifts Obito around in his arms.

"We can't just give up," Rin says, and she looks like she wants to cry, or maybe punch Kakashi, but she doesn't do either. Instead she straightens up and wipes at her eyes and says, "What about Hiraishin?"

That—might actually work. Kakashi's only seen Sensei use it on himself, but in theory, with enough chakra and control and adjustment, it should be able to transport all of them.

Evidently, Sensei realizes this too, because his eyes widen just a bit, and he gets that look on his face that means he's deep into theory that even Kakashi doesn't quite understand yet.

"Maybe," Sensei says, but he still looks worried. "I haven't tested it with so many people. Hiraishin is a space time jutsu, if it went wrong..."

They shouldn't risk Konoha's Yellow Flash, a budding medic, and a genius for one good-for-nothing idiot Uchiha that actively breaks rules on missions. They shouldn't, they really, shouldn't, but—

"Okay," Kakashi says, and Rin nods.

Sensei closes his eyes, opens them. "Okay," he says, and beckons then to hold onto his arms. They do. "Okay," Sensei says, again, and the world snaps.

It folds in on itself, and they blink through an empty space and into somewhere bright and light, with tiled flooring and colorful people and—oh. This isn't Konoha.