Chapter 7

Here's a long one for you. Merry late Christmas btw. 
I didn't expect this to turn out any good, but I think it's acceptable. 

-- EDIT: okay nvm, just proofread. I hate it lmao

Aizawa drops his papers on the desk and waits until he hears the kids shuffling to their seats to sit down.

He turns, and studies his students with tired eyes (why can't he be just anywhere else?!); their eager faces, confused expressions just waiting to shower him with questions he doesn't want to answer. So. many. questions.

Aizawa gulps, takes a deep breath, and-

"Shoot," he says hoarsely.

The classroom erupts in an explosion of voices.

--> Aizawa lets them shout and drown each other out. He watches patiently as Denki and several others rise from their seats just to be ushered down again by Iida.

It takes one minute and forty seconds for the yelling to die down—Aizawa waits for the kids to settle and gives them a long, silent glare. At least he has authority in this classroom. Well, outside of it, he does too, but in the last thirty hours?

With Minato and his Team? He did not feel like having any authority—like being in control.

Which is not exactly a pleasant thing.

"You calm?" he asks, and the class nods in unison. Aizawa's eyes wander over the raised arms, and he sighs. There's no avoiding it, he knows. Well then...

"Alright. One after another. Uraraka"

She straightens.

"Yes, Aizawa-sensei: I wanted to, uh, ask is- are they okay? I mean there was so much blood I- I don't know..." Aizawa cannot stop the soft exhale leaving his lungs. They are so pure. Shitty, problematic and annoying but pure.

"They are staying at the infirmary," he doesn't know if Minato is content with him giving away that information, but really, he also can't bring himself to care. Aizawa doesn't feel like lying. "They'll get better."

"Denk-"

"Those fuckers were fucking villains, right?!", roars Bakugou from the second front row.

Aizawa groans.

Pure his ass.

"They are not villains." And he is not hesitating, which is weird, because he should be but- This is spiraling out of control.

Aizawa swallows dryly and regains his composure the next moment, because that's what teachers do. He pushes a loose strand out of his face and exhales.

"Namikaze-san and his students are— well, they come from far away. Their exact circumstances aren't known yet, but we're preceding and working with them as allies instead of enemies." The kids look satisfied. Bakugo is still fuming but Aizawa's eyes flare red and instinctively suppress any possible quirk use.

He ignores the steam that's erupting from the blond student's ears with practiced ease.

Aizawa's eyes quietly roam across the familiar faces, students he has grown accustomed to.

"Midoriya," he calls and expects a bubbling mess of stuttered words. Instead it's a single question.

"Can we go see them, Sensei?" Wait, no!
...Can they?

Aizawa Shouta cares for his students. He does so, way more genuinely than he often admits to himself. So his first reaction towards Minato's team, was to keep them as fucking far away from his children as possible.