~*• first chapter •*~

she wanted nothing more than to curl up in her own bed, perhaps accompanied by snacks and her favorite shows. she really didn't want to go in front of an audience for the second time that night.

nesrin propped herself up with her arms mostly, it was clearly a mistake to sit down in such uncomfortable skirts. she couldn't help but pity women who actually had to wear these every day, corsets and all that.

- allard! you're up! - she heard the director yell by the side of the dressing room, earpiece in his ear.

she sighed as she rushed to the side of the stage, nearly tripping over the cables as the stage went black. she only had approximately three seconds to get to the center, so she did her little silent jog, as always.

the lights came to life and she had to wait for her partner to come through the scenery with a dramatic sigh into his mic as she stared into the audience with a pout.

she liked this part, she liked to see the audience she was speaking to, their reactions, amused looks on their faces. her eyes passed over the elderly couple who came once every single month, to every play, a smile threatening her stern face.

her gaze reached the balcony, in the far left, sat a person she definitely wasn't supposed to catch a sight of. she could have sworn she held his gaze for a moment before she caught herself and begun her monologue to her partner, now mr. darcy.

it was a bit ironic that they were doing pride and prejudice, and he was present. it was her favorite book in all of highschool and most of her friends made fun of her romantic side for it, including timothée.

the love she felt for the novel back in the day faded as she began to read more and more romantic books. quickly, little women won over the title of favorite. well, she really couldn't deny her love for lighthearted classics.

by the way, nesrin nearly had a heart attack when she saw that timothée was casted in greta gerwig's little women. however, she couldn't bring herself to watch the movie. she felt like it would somehow violate the distance she wanted to keep from timothée.

the lights faded to darkness again, she felt her exhaustion overwhelm her as she stepped off the stage for a spare half an hour, before starring for another total of an hour.

this never happened up until recently, no matter how tired she was, she regained her energy as soon as she stepped onto the stage. the theatre was somehow boring lately to her.

the stage used to be her entire life, she enjoyed every second of it. she struggled to make sense of it all and to reclaim her passion and enthusiasm for it. she saw this on her boss too, she was nowhere near her best actresses for the last months, when she used to be the favorite.

she lost her spark. this fact her heart ache, because it was ruthless, but true. all of it. she couldn't pinpoint what led to this for the life of her, but she could feel her way, mostly in the dark.

she was lonely, she knew that damn well. hell, she was the one feeling it. she was 27, single as ever, only finding joy in one night stands. her mom found her miserable, but she didn't mind it up until some point in the past year.

a lot of men fucked over her in the past, cheaters, or ones that cheated with her, ones in for a good time, not a long one, toxic ones, ones fetishizing her sexuality, you know the sort.

she didn't have any luck with women either though. the ones that were curious, the ones that wanted a third with theor boyfriends, the ones that gave her the so called ick almost instantly.

she looked at herself in the mirror, her eyes red from the lights, her wig already ruined, some of her light brown strands peaking out at the bottom. none of these mattered to her, she could only focus on one question in her mind: what was timothée doing here?