Chapter 8: Date Plan

At Home

Aniket was working from home today, Nitya entered the room and saw his files scattered on the bed. The towel was on the blanket while his clothes which should be in the laundry were on the chair. Yesterday, he was scolding Aarav for this same habit and today he was in this position.

Nitya kept her hands on her waist and eyed Aniket who was busy doing work on the laptop. "Aniket..." she uttered his name.

He replied "haa.." his eyes were still fixed on the laptop.

Nitya asked "aapka towel kaha hai?"

"Nahake maine sukha diya tha" he replied.

"Really?? Toh ye blanket ke upar kiska towel hai?" Nitya asked. Aniket turned behind and glanced at the way she was standing. He then rolled his eyes towards the bed and saw his towel on the blanket.

He gulped down his throat, Nitya scolded him "kitni baar kaha hai aapse mujhe gila towel blanket ya bed pe bilkul pasand nahi hai! Kal aap Aaru ko daant rahe they aur aaj khud kamre ka haal dekhiye kya kiya hai"

Aniket silently heard her as he was at fault. Aniket got up and picked up his files but Nitya stopped him "Rehne dijiye main kar lungi aap apna office ka kaam kijiye" she spoke while picking up the files and arranging them back on the study table.

Aniket picked up the towel, Nitya snatched it from his hand and walked to the balcony where a clothes stand was kept. She placed it on the stand and turned to see Aniket was standing there holding his ears "Sorry..."

She passed by him and smiled sheepishly but hid her smile immediately. Aniket again came in front of her and said "subah jaldi mein tha isliye towel yahi rakh diya.. Aur jab work from home karta hun toh thoda lazy ho jaata hun" he accepted his mistake.

"Acha? Kal subah bechare Aaru ko daanta.. Aapki hi habit hai usme" Nitya said.

"Haan I accept that! Agli baar nahi datunga tumhare laadle devar ko" Aniket spoke.

Nitya smiled hearing him, Aniket thought for a moment and said "Waise.. Bahut waqt ho gaya hai hum kaafi din se candle light dinner pe nahi gaye hai"

Nitya looked at him for a moment, she smiled "toh aap mujhe dinner pe le jaana chahte hai" she asked

"Haan sirf hum dono jayenge.. Bhabhi maa karte karte Aaru peeche peeche nahi aayega" he warned her as last time he had spoiled the candle light dinner by becoming bone in Kabab between them.

Nitya laughed hearing him as she remembered that dinner night. "Thik hai main koshish karungi wo hamare saath nahi chale... par promise nahi kar sakti" Nitya said as she can't stop Aarav from interfering between them.

"Haan.. thik hai toh aaj raat 8 baje" He said with excitement. Nitya agreed and walked out of the room.

Aniket thought "iska bharosa nahi hai.. Kuch toh karna padega Saali sahiba se help leta hun"

Nitya prepared the dinner for Kaushalya, Manvi and Aarav. She was excited for the candle light dinner with Aniket. Manvi entered the kitchen and saw her preparing the food, she asked "Di.. itni jaldi khana kyun bana rahi ho?"

"Aniket mujhe dinner pe le jaa rahe hai aaj isliye" Nitya said to her.