Chapter 15: Convincing Him

Aniket arrived home and went straight to Kaushalya's room. He sat down beside her and kept his hand on her forehead. Even Though he doesn't like his mother's behavior and attitude towards his wife, she is his mother after all. His eyes were turning moist as she hadn't eaten anything from three and this had impacted her health.

He couldn't let her die in front of his eyes, slowly Kaushalya opened her eyes and a sigh of relief escaped his mouth. Kaushalya tried to stand up, Aniket placed his hand behind her hand while placing the pillow behind her back with another. Kaushalya leaned her head against the pillow and closed her eyes for a moment.

Aniket found her weeker and said softly "bas maa.. Teen din se kuch khaya peeya nahi hai tumne.. Bp bhi low ho gaya hai tumhara!"

Kaushalya was silent, Nitya entered the room with the proper healthy food and forwarded it towards Aniket. He held it and Nitya prefered to leave the room leaving mother and son alone.

Aniket tried to feed her with his own hands but Kaushalya pushed his hand away with her drained energy. "Pratigya li hai maine.. Jabtak tum meri baat nahi maanonge main ek bhi ann ka dana nahi khaugi" she said with a tired voice.

Aniket looked at her blankly, he again tried to feed her but she refused. Aniket said "maa please! Khana nahi khaogi toh dawai bhi asar nahi karegi.."

Kaushalya replied with teary eyes "na karne de.. Zyda se zyada marr hi jaungi na marr jaane de! Mujhse zyda tujhe aur Aaru ko Nitya ki fikar hai uski parwah hai toh mere rehne se ya na rehne se kya farak padta hai"

Her words were hurting Aniket, he remained calm and tried to explain "Maa maine aur Aaru se tumse aur Nitu se barabar ka pyaar kiya hai! Balki usse zyada hi pyaar karte hai tumhe.. Bas aapki pichdi soch aur Nitya ko baat baat pe taane dena humhe pasand nahi hai! Aap ye baat kyun nahi samajh rahi ho?"

Kaushalya eyed him and said stubbornly "jabtak tu.. talaak ke kagzad pe sign nahi karega main ye khana nahi khaungi baat khatam"

Aniket looked at her and said "tum ziddi ho toh main bhi tumhara beta hun! Main Nitya ko divorce nahi dunga."

Kaushalya coughed again hearing his words, she kept her hand on her chest. Aniket asked "maa kya hua??"

"Dard.." she said wincing in pain.

He made her lay back properly and requested her "please maa khana kha lo.. Warna dawai nahi de paaunga tumhe" However remained stubborn and refused to even drink a glass of water.

Nitya entered the room and showed the papers to Kaushalya "Maaji maine sign kar diya hai ab aap please khana kha lijiye.."

Aniket was left dumbstruck hearing her words. Kaushalya rolled her eyes towards the papers, Nitya promised her "main wada karti hun aapse.. Aniket bhi sign kar denge aur aap jaisa chahti hai waisa hoga" she spoke words with heavy hearts but she can't let her die due to her own selfishness.

Kaushalya looked at Nitya whose eyes were speaking a billions of emotions. Nitya took the food plate and forwarded the spoon near to her mouth. Kaushalya opens her mouth lightly and feeds her the food. Aniket walked out of the room showing his silent anger for signing the divorce papers with his consent.

Nitya gave her bp medicines but Kaushalya refused "khana kha liya par dawai nahi khaungi"

"Maaji aap janti hai Aniket meri baat nahi talenge.. Please kha lijiye main aapse wada karti hun main aur mannu hum dono hi yahan se chale jayenge" she promised Kaushalya.

Kaushalya thought for a moment and then ate the medicines. Nitya asked her to rest while she moved out of the room holding the divorce papers in her hands.

She came to the hall and found Aniket sitting on the couch with his face covered by his palm. Nitya took slow steps towards him and kneeled down in front of him. Nitya remained silent, she knows Aniket is hurt, broken by the decision she had taken but there wasn't any other way to make Kaushalya have the food. She herself wasn't pleased with this, she had to break her heart into millions of pieces for signing the divorce papers. The decision was tough for her as she had only loved Aniket.

She finally broke her silence "main jaanti hun aap bahut hurt hai maine jo kiya par.. Ye"

Aniket looked up at her with teary eyes. He took a deep breath and replied "I am not going to sign the papers"

She grabbed his hand and pleaded "please Aniket... Maa ko khone se acha hai hum apne rishte ko khatam karde"

Aniket closed eyes for a moment, she wasn't wrong. He knows how difficult it has been for her but how can he leave her midway? How will he end his relationship with her and marry someone else? She forwarded the papers in front of him and said "please Aniket.. Maa ke liye mere liye ye kardo! Agar maaji apne pote ka muh dekhe bina marr gayi toh main zinda nahi reh paaungi!" she bit her tower lips with her teeth and a tear escaped down her eyes which was holding for a long time.

Aniket stood up and walked towards the window hiding his tears from her. He kept his hand on the wall and closed her eyes. He had never felt so helpless before, signing the divorce papers meant losing Nitya forever. Nitya stands up and heads toward him, she keeps her hand on her shoulder. "Aniket.. Aap mujhse bahut pyaar karte hai na.. Aur meri har baat mani hai aapne aaj ye aakhri baat bhi maan lijiye" she said in a stammered tone.

He turned towards her and refused "nahi manunga tumhari ye baat nahi manunga main! Tumne kaha humhe try kiya bache ke liye! Adoption ke liye bhi tumne mana kiya.. Ye baat bhi maine maani tumhari aur ab tum kah rahi ho main tumse alag ho jau aur kisi aur se.." He couldn't even speak the words which she and Kaushalya wanted to do.

She held his hand and said "jaanti hun Aniket.. Ye bahut muskil hai hum dono ke liye par humhe ye karna hoga please.."

He tried to free his hand from his grip but she didn't let it get loose. He stared at her and she was pleading his eyes to sign the papers.

"Tumse pyaar karta hun na.. Isliye tum apni har baat mujhse manwa leti ho.. Aarav ko pata chala toh janti ho kya hoga?" He asked her.

"Isliye kah rahi hun uske lautne se pehle inpe sign kar dijiye.. Main usse samjha dungi aur wo bhi nahi chahega uski bhabhi maa ki wajah se uski Maa apni jaan gawah de" she replied emotionally.

Aniket held the papers and stared at them. He read the divorce agreement and then stared at the signature of Nitya. Nitya picked up the pen from the side table and gave it in his hand. He looked at her for the last time, she blinked her eyes giving him her consent as this is the only option they have.

"Mujhse nahi hoga Nitu.. tumhari tarah itna strong nahi hun main" he said with a trembling voice.

"Aap strong hai Aniket.. Aap toh roj papers sign karte hai! Bas aaj bhi wahi karna hai aapko" Nitya replied, trying to give him the courage to sign the papers.

"Wo kagaaz ke tukde hamare rishte ko nahi todte hai.." he said meaningfully.

She smiled with pain hearing his words. She added "rishta aapse kabhi nahi tootega Aniket.. Bas hum pati patni nahi rakhenge.. Ek chatt ke neeche nahi rahenge! Ek dusre pe haq nhi.."

"Bas.. nahi sunna hai mujhe!" Aniket stopped her. Finally, Aniket held the pen properly as the more he will delay, it would get more difficult for him to sign them. Nitya could feel his pain and helplessness, if it was in her hand she would have torn the papers into pieces and given him a tight hug but she was embarrassed. If God had blessed her with motherhood, this moment would not even be here in the first place. She was hating herself for hurting Aniket and not making him a father. Once, she was pregnant but lost the child in 7th month of pregnancy which had shattered her to the core.

He was about to sign the papers but someone grabbed his wrist. Aniket looked towards the left and found Aarav standing there. He was looking at Aniket with fiery eyes but filled with tears. He snatched the papers from his hand and read them.

He was left completely dumbstruck and still at his place. He glanced at his brother and sister-in-law who were scared and embarrassed. 

To be continued...

❤️ Hope you like it...

My Brother's Surrogate (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें