Prologe

~ A Month Earlier ~

Queen Thorn awoke to the sound of a dragon knocking on her door. She groaned out loud and pressed her talons to her forehead, how early in the goddamn morning was it? Opening her eyes Thorn blearily half stepped half flopped out of her new bed, the desert sand colored sheets were so cozy and inviting she almost climbed back in. No! she reminded herself, now that she was queen of the Sandwings she had responsibility's and Sunny was counting on her.

More rapid knocking on her door jostled her out of her thoughts, Thorn quickly walked over to her closet and put the Eye of Onix around her neck as well as a cape that brought out her natural scale color. She sneaked a quick peek at herself in the mirror she brought back from the scorpion den, she looked queenly enough right?

She regally lifted her head and opened the door, it was a messenger dragon by the looks of him. He had pouches with letters and nick-knacks strapped to his tail, and the signature pure white and gold rimed bandana around his neck. " This better be important, if you woke me up this early." She snapped flicking her tail in an annoyed gesture.

"I-Im sorry your highness." he stuttered. " The royal council was just called upon to be assembled." He fumbled with one of the pouches on his tail and pulled out a letter, handing it to her.

She grabbed the letter whipped around and walked back into her sleeping quarters, shutting the door with a flick of her tail.

Thorn flopped back down on her bed, she stared at the letter brushing her talons along... Queen Ruby's wax seal!? What does she want now? Thorn wondered. Carefully she removed the seal and began to read the letter.

Dear all Pyrrhian Queens,

With much consideration from the entire Skywing tribe I have come to a decision, Princess Blaze must be executed for crimes of war against all of Pyrrhia. It may seem a shock but, with her alive all kingdoms are in danger. - Queen Ruby of the Skywings

Queen Thorns heart stopped. I can't let this happen.