Chapter One

Princess Cobra was frozen on the battlefield as the alarm went off. Corpses of the Seawings and Icewings littered the sands, turning them red and blue with blood and bodies. She watched her fellow Sandwings as every kingdom charged at the palace, the final assault before everyone died. Valiantly the Sandwings still fought back. Queen Thorn lead the Sandwings assault, her halberd glinting red with the blood of her enemy's and the Eye of Onix around her neck. The skies turned a hazy red as one by one her entire tribe fell in combat she stared at her queens lifeless body, her neck was twisted at a weird angle - snapped.

As she turned her head she saw her mother Blaze in a cage screaming as she got carried away, most likely back to the Skywing dungeon where she would be executed. She felt her whole world spin as she thought that, she loved her mother she couldn't die! She turned away, to no avail she spotted a black form over Queen Thorns lifeless body.

Her stomach churned in shock as she realized the form was Deathbringer standing over Thorn and... The Thirteen her friends and his students. Deathbringer had his head in his talons mourning, clearly horrified at what he had done, she saw every one of them mangled and bloody except the four hybrids.

Moonblaze was in the front wings spread protecting her kin, she was crying her face full of horror and unhinged rage. Then she saw him...Shadowfinder, dead in the sand blue blood leaking from his neck. Moonblaze let out a cry of grief and anger as she flung herself at Deathbringer and all hell broke lose. The last thing Cobra saw was a blinding white flare.

****

Princess Cobra woke with a start still screaming, she tried to steady her thoughts but her head was spinning with flashbacks from the dream. That dream felt so real, was it a vision or just a nightmare? Deathbringer wouldn't kill his students. She concluded. Even if it was a direct order? Her conscience responded. Cobra growled, her head was starting to hurt from all the thinking.

She was jostled out of her thoughts as Scorpio her favourite butler walked into the room. Scorpio had banana yellow scales that looked almost white with black diamond pattern and beady black eyes, he was an extremely wiry and lithe Sandwing.

" Is everything alright?" He asked with worry in his gaze.

" Yes, I'm fine Scorpio." She answered, though she was not convinced at her own words.

" If you say so, breakfast is on your table if you want it." He dipped his head respectfully and left her room.

I might as well get up. She thought. I should probably ask Allsight about my dream-vision thing, she might have seen it in one of the future paths.

Groaning Cobra hoisted herself out of her bed and opened the curtains to her sleeping quarters, light flashed in illuminating her room. Not hungry she avoided the food, i'll eat later when I'm more hungry. Cobra thought.

Her room was as big as three dragons, the bed was the color of red sands with a canopy of fine gold silks overtop. A camel hide carpet was strewn over the floor a decretive touch in her opinion. A mirror the color of obsidian was aloft on the far wall, her huge walk in closet was a few steps away. Cobras favourite cactus was in the corner of her room, it was her prized possession the extremely rare double crested saguaro.

Cobra walked over to her closet relishing the felling of carpet under her claws, she picked out her favorite cape and white stone chain with a matching earring Seafoam gifted her for her eleventh hatching day. Cobra smiled at that memory, she gifted him an exact replica but with black stone instead of white for his twelfth hatching day.

She stalked out of her closet and towards the doors to her room, lifting her head regally she opened the doors. The palace was unusually empty most dragons were training just incase the recent problem with Blaze turned into all out war. I hope it doesn't come to that. She thought.

Cobra sprinted and jumped off the ledge that connected to where she needed to be, Allsights room. She spread her wings to lessen her momentum then pressed them close to her body in a diving position.

As she dived the many floors of the palace shot passed her, she smiled gleefully as the early morning desert winds rushed around her. As she dived the forms of dragons rushed past her, once or twice Cobra thought she recognized a few though it was impossible to tell at the speed she was diving at. Once she was seconds away from hitting the ground Cobra spread her wings sending the sands whirling in all directions.

Cobra adjusted her wings to glide over the vast main courtyard that eventually went to the guest palace where all of The Thirteen lived, including Deathbringer when he visited. If he ever comes again. Cobra's conscience said in a sad tone. He'll come back he always does.

Cobra never realized how busy the courtyard was in the mornings, messengers, soldiers, servants, chefs, and all manner of dragons were bustling around trying to get from place to place. Some of the dragons on the ground even pointed at her, even from the skies she recognized their pitying expressions. Awe look at the princess, She imagined them saying. She probably is terribly sad with the war for her mothers death.

She growled and flew harder, in the distance the guest palace shone in the light. The red stone work glistened making it look breathtaking. Cobra spiralled downward as she came closer to the palace, sadly she would need to go through the doors instead of just going straight to the balcony like a normal dragon. Cobra landed the soft desert sands cushioning her feet... she was almost shocked as she saw Allsight waiting.