Twenty-Eight | Alive

~Harry's POV

I woke up three days later, crumpled on the floor like a piece of discarded paper. 

First, I felt nothing, as if I'd just slept for a while. The moment I moved, the pain kicked in harder than Vernon's boot. I let out an agonising scream and fell back down to the my previous position.

The house must've been empty, for there wasn't a sound to be heard. Normally, a scream from me would've summoned Vernon and some sort of punishment.

But nothing happened. 

For a few minutes, I'd decided to sit and let myself shrivel up and die. Then I realised I hadn't replied to anyone, and I stank.

I was not going to die stinky.

Quickly, I stood up, hoping that the pain would be like an amazon parcel and take a day or so to arrive.

It appears I have amazon prime. It came back instantly.

It felt like my entire body was on fire, and my limbs were being torn apart. Not a single part of me didn't hurt. It took every bit of strength in me to not collapse back onto the wooden flooring and knock myself back out of consciousness.

Hobbling like a crippled, old lady, I made my way to my door only to discover it was locked. Unsurprising. 

Alohomora didn't work. 

I guess I'm stuck here. May as well clean myself up, right?

Trying to ignore the pain, I peeled my clothes off. They were clinging on to me for dear life due to my dried yet somehow sticky blood.

Oh.

Once my clothes were off, I took a good look at myself in the mirror. 

I looked horrible.

Before my mind made my body morph into something else, I saw many new bruises and some awful new scars. There were welts and marks and even hand-shaped bruises, specifically around my neck and my hips.

My skin was tainted red, purple, blue, yellow and black.

My glamours had hidden my self-inflicted wounds, but once I took them down it was an even worse sight to look at.

There was no way I was letting Hermione know what happened here. I'm gonna show a few bruises, as I did with Draco, and that's it. She doesn't need to know how bad it was.

I hate myself.

Considering I can't get out of my room, I wandlessly casted a few spells and cleaned myself up. Healed and somewhat cleaned, I sat down on my bed and let the pain kick in. 

Magic helps a bit, but when you aren't supposed to be using it, it's a bit hard to heal it to the best of my abilities.

My body was still sore, like I'd gone to a spin cycle class, but other than that, I was okay. Compared to what I felt like about ten minutes ago, at least.

Time to check my messages. There's either going to be none or two hundred.

caretaker 🙏🙏

day two of no replies

are you okay

please tell me you're just in a depression mood

i love you

today's almost over