Breaking News

Lee's POV

"I'm sorry but we did everything we could for Brie.  All we can do now is wait and see if she wakes up." Connor says as he gives a hopeful look.

"Can you take me to her?" I ask looking up at Connor.

He nods his head and I follow him to surgical floor. That's when he leads me to the door and lets me go in by myself. I walk over to the her bedside and I see how fragile she looks. I lean over and kiss her forehead and move to sit beside her. I just sit there and pray she will be okay.  Not long after I got settled I hear knock on her door.

"Come in." I say quietly looking up from Brie's bed.

I look up and I see my dad, Rip, Beth, Kayce, Derek, and Mark come into her room. They all looked with a look of pity and concern. Beth walks over to me and sits on the arm of my chair.

"She is a fighter Lee. She will come back to us. I know for a fact that she isn't going to give up on you." Beth says as she hugs me.

"That should have been me. Those bullets were meant for me. Why did she shield me from it?" I say with tears welling up in my eyes.

"Lee, I know you love my sister wouldn't want you beating yourself up. She did it because she loved you. She did it because she rather bare the pain then possibly burry you." Derek says with a serious look on his face.

"Will you please keep it down my head hurts." Brie groans out lowly as she turns her head towards me.

"You came back to me!" I say as lean over and kiss her forehead.

"Stop beating yourself up Lee. I will always protect you until the end of the time. I will take a bullet you again Lee Dutton." Brie says as she leans up and kisses me.

"Please don't give me a scare like that again." I say as I pull away from her.

Brie's POV

There is knock on my door and then I see Connor pop his head into my room.

"You're awake." Connor says with surprised look on his face.

"I'm not going to go without a fight. Plus, I can't leave and make you the head of surgery." I say with a small smile on my face.

"If you all don't mind I would like to speak with Brie and Lee alone." Connor says with a serious look on his face.

"Why don't we all get some coffee? We've all been up for at least 24 hours." says John with a reassuring tone.

Everyone nods their head and follows John out the door.  Once everyone has left Connor closes the door and pulls up a chair next to my bed.  I notice that he is nervously playing with hands. I've worked with him for almost four years and that is a tell tell sign that he is avoiding something.

"What's wrong Connor? I know when your avoiding telling someone something." I say as I give Lee's hand a reassuring squeeze.

"I wanted to let you both know that when we took you to radiology after arriving and before surgery. We found something when we did an MRI and X-ray. We discovered that you are pregnant." Connor says with a happy but nervous expression.

"Connor, is the baby okay?" I ask with a nervous look and I feel Lee kiss the back of my hand.

"The baby seemed okay when I did an ultrasound before surgery. I was going to ask if you wanted to do an ultrasound now." Connor says with a reassuring look on his face.

I look over at Lee with a hopeful look on my face. I see that he is sharing the same look I am. He smiles down at me and nods his head.

"Please Connor!" I say with a smile on by face.

"Okay, I will get Maggie to get everything organized. I will be back in a little bit." Connor says with a smile before giving us some alone time.

"I am going to be a dad." Lee says as he leans over and kisses me.

"I'm sorry for scaring you. I saw Monica's brother aiming for your neck and I just reacted. Lee I couldn't loose you. I don't think I would have ever came back from that." I say as tears well up in my eyes.

"Brie, don't stress about that. I'm not mad about it. I know who I married. You are the type that will take a bullet for me. I would do the same for you. I want us to focus on you getting well and our baby." Lee says as he sits on my hospital bed and pulls me into his chest.

"I love you Lee Dutton. I can't to raise this baby with you" I say as I lean up and kiss him.

I then lay my head on his chest and listen to his heartbeat and start drift off to sleep.

Lee's POV

I feel Brie get still and look down and she has fallen asleep. Not long after that I give up trying to fight sleep. I know my wife is safe and no can harm us.  I welcome it with open arms.

Connor's POV

Once Maggie and I get everything ready to Brie's ultrasound. We start heading over to her room.

"I'm happy for her and Lee. I know after the miscarriage she was struggling." Maggie says with a small smile on her face.

"I know she said that they were going to start trying in the next few months." I say before knocking on Brie's hospital door.

I don't get a response so I open the door. I see Lee is holding Brie like he is afraid she is going to disappear. They seem to be resting peacefully. Maggie walks over and gently wakes Brie up.

"Hey, Brie are you ready to do the ultrasound." Maggie asks gently.

"Yes, let me wake Lee up." Brie says as she sits up.

"Lee, wake up baby." She says gently as she shakes him.

"What's wrong? What happened?" Lee says as he is startled awake.

"Lee, everything is okay.  Maggie and Connor are here to do the ultrasound." She says giving him a reassuring smile.

He nods and gets up to stand next to Brie.

Lee's POV

I get out of the bed and take Brie's hand into mine. She lays back on the bed with her gown up over her abdomen. Connor then squeezes the gel on her stomach and starts the ultrasound. They turn the screen towards us and we see two tiny little babies.

"Congratulations,  Brie and Lee it's twins!" Maggie says with a big smile on her face.

"Do you want to hear the heartbeats?" Connor asks looking over at Brie and I.

Brie nods her head as tears well up in her eyes. The sound of our twins heartbeats fill the room.

"I can't believe that I'm going to be a mom." Brie says looking up at me.

"I know honey." I say as I lean down and kiss the top of her head.

"I printed out two copies of the ultrasounds for you.  I will come and check on you in a little while." Connor says as he hands Brie a towel to wipe the gel off.

'"Thank You!" Brie says as she wipes of the gel and takes the ultrasound pictures.

"If you need anything Brie just hit the call button." Maggie says as gives Brie a hug and follows Connor out to give us some space.

Not even ten minutes later my dad, Beth, Kayce, Derek, Mark, and Rip come in.

"Brie, is everything okay?" asks my dad.

I look down at Brie and she up at me. She nods her head and smiles.

"We've got some news to tell you." I say looking at them with a smile on my face.

"We are having twins!!" Brie says with the biggest smile on her face.

They all look at us stunned.