Hide and Seek

Brie's POV

I've been running for almost an hour. I know that I've got to try and put as much space between me and these people. I don't know how much farther I can run. I'm starting to have consistent contractions. I know these babies are coming no mater what I do. That's when I see a cave. I know this will probably be the safest place to hide. I just hope Lee finds me soon.

Lee's POV

We visited the Beck brothers. Kacey took care of one of them. Now we wait for nightfall to take care of the other one. I head back to the ranch with Rip.

"What's going through your head Lee?" Rip says as he watches me closely.

"I just want to have my wife home. I just want to know that she's okay. I want to know our babies are okay." I say looking at a Rip.

"I know. We will get them back. I promise you Lee even if we have to set all of Montana on fire." Rips says as we park in front of the main house.

"Let's get ready it's almost dark." I say as I get up and walk up the steps to my dad.

"Everyone is ready. We've got the tribal police, the sheriff's department, and everyone in the livestock agency ready. We'll bring her home tonight." My dad says as he grabs his rifle.

I nod my head and grab my badge. I put on the vest and grab my rifle and my pistol. I text Connor to be on stand by invade Brie needs medical attention. I then head outside and load up my truck. That's when I see Ryan, Rip, Colby, Lloyd, and the other ranch hands loading up horses and another truck. I turn back and see my dad watching them as they load up. Once everything's done Ryan comes up to me.

"Im riding with you. I've got your back, Lee." Ryan says with a reassuring smile.

"Okay, let's load up and head out!" My dad says as he heads to the helicopter.

I jump in my truck and head to the address.

Brie's POV

I try to stay quiet as the contractions get worse. I hear rapid footfall. I bite the sleeve of my jacket to keep quiet. I hear hushed voices as they get closer.

"Where could that bitch be?" One of the unknown voices says.

"We have to find her before those Duttons catch up with us." The other unknown voice says.

I hear what sounds like horses in the distance. I try to keep quiet. I whimper in slight pain. I know these babies are coming now. I hear gunshots and yelling.

Lee's POV

We arrive at this compound on the outskirts of the reservation. We all suit up and hit the house. I notice four guys with guns take off into the woods. I grab one of the horses and take off after them. I hear more horses following behind me. I turn and see Kasey, Rip, and Ryan coming up behind me. We keep following these guys' footsteps. We lose them halfway.

"Damn it! They can't be gone." I say looking around trying to find them.

"Lee, I think they're looking for Brie. When we cleared the basement we found a guy who was stabbed to death. There were boot tracks leading up the stairs. They matched Brie's boots." Rip says looking at me with concern.

"They have to be trying to find her. We have to find her before they do." I say looking at them.

They all nod and we take off in the general direction of where those guys went. We corner the four guys by a cave. I see the flash of a gun on one of the guy's hips. That's when I grab my pistol. Before he can even pull the trigger Kacey has shot him. That's when the other three pull out their weapons. I shoot the one closest to me. Rip and Ryan take care of the other two. That's when I hear a scream of pain coming from inside the cave.