𝑁𝑜𝑤 𝑃𝑙𝑎𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔: 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑛𝑒

The light trickled into the bedroom, fluttering over the closed lids of The Great Sage. But that wasn't the only thing that woke him up.

The soft kisses you placed on his ear and the light traces of your fingertips along his jaw was what brought him from his slumber.

"Such a handsome monkey king." You murmured, a small peck greeting the side of his neck before he decided to open his eyes. A deep chuckle escaping his chest, a small gasp alighted from you, embarrassed about being caught admiring your love.

"Well, that's certainly a way to wake up in the morning~" he purred, turning his head to look at you. Bright red splashed across your melanated cheeks, petals of flowers sprouting through your scalp and through the coils of your (short/long) hair.

The look was cute.

You were cute.

"Good morning~" he grinned,

Burying your face into the crook of his neck you let out a soft chuckle. "Good morning, how'd you sleep?" A cocky smirk met his face.

"After last night? Heavenly.~"

You whacked him with a pillow, pulling the comforter above your naked chest. Huffing as you did so.

'What a baby' he thought with an 'oof'.

Last night, to put in simple terms had been a night of passion and pure bliss. Bodies molded into one another, you had allowed him to make you feel good, to cherish you. You had allowed him to love you.

And love he did.

❁❁❁❁❁❁

Sun Wukong let out a throaty groan.

He felt like shit.

The Gods simply weren't on his side this morning, especially if he had a dream about you. Something he always dreaded when he laid his head down.

He didn't want to remember, it hurt to remember your soft smile, your bright eyes, the long and lingering looks you'd give him filled with nothing but love and adortion.

He didn't want to forget either. He didn't want to forget your touch, he didn't want to forget your scent. Despite being gone for so long small things about you seemed to linger.

And it hurt.

A lot.

You not being by his side like you promised hurt. He tried to calm himself, to keep the tears from spilling down his eyes. He missed you you'd think he would've gotten over it by now seeing as it's been over 300 years now.

But Sun Wukong doesn't fall in love often.

And your love hit him like a semi truck and he refused to get up.