Epilogue

The final part of Across Enemy Lines is here readers!!! It's been quite a long journey and a great experience since this is my first original story that I've posted on Wattpad. It's crazy that it is over and I have all of you to thank for this. Without your dedication to reading and commenting, I'm not sure it could have been done. It's a great motivator :) So the epilogue is dedicated to all the readers of this story. You're awesome!!

Don't forget to vote and comment! Enjoy!

***************************************************************************

Nia’s POV

            It has been a few months since I was finally reunited with my pack. There was happiness but also sadness. We had lost a good number of shifters during the fight and we made sure to show them the appropriate respect. I could tell Dominic was also hit hard. He had known most of the hunters that had died on the battle field and even if he didn’t want to admit it, I knew the loss of his father took a toll on him.

            When I first arrived back, I was in the infirmary for almost a week. The pack doctor had to make sure the wound to my upper thigh was healing properly as well as with my other bruises and scars. They healed much faster once the drugs were out of my system and I could shift again to speed the process along.

            Seeing my brother and dad again was like a weight had been taken off my shoulders. They never left my side in the infirmary and ever since I was released, they had been within calling distance at all times. It was great to be back home. Members of the pack came by to see me and make sure I was doing okay.

None of them asked me about what had taken place during my capture. I knew my dad had asked them not to. Every once in a while I would catch him, or Jaxson, or one of the fighters looking at me with pity in their eyes. They had seen the videos that Michael sent I’m sure but thankfully, they didn’t bring it up and didn’t ask any more questions. I wanted to erase all the horrible events from my mind even though I knew it was going to be harder than I thought to forget.

There was one thing I was positive would never leave me. Grant’s death. When his parents came to visit, I broke down. I apologized over and over to them, sorry I couldn’t do anything to stop what happened or bring back their son. They didn’t hold me accountable. There was nothing I could have done they had told me on several occasions. It made me feel a little better but it still wouldn’t ever be enough. He had been like a brother, a part of me. He would not soon be forgotten.

I could tell it still bothered Jaxson as well. I’ve caught him looking at pictures of the three of us from years past. I knew it would be hard for him and I made sure he knew that I was there for him. He was trying to move on. He even offered me the position to be his Beta when he became Alpha. I accepted.